F-102A Delta Dagger ***Finished***

Jb65rams

Another interesting as well as colourful subject if your aftermarket decal sheet is anything to go by JB :thumbsup: Is the "George Bush Boxing" a reference to the former POTUS having flown the type?

• 2 months later...

@Col. Yes, George Busg boxing does refer to the former POTUS. He flew it when he served in the 111th Fighter Intercept Squadron, Texas Air National Guard.

Looks like its been 2 months since I last looked at this thread. Found on the last page. I have made some progress on this and the F-106A but just haven't documented it. Apologies.

Cockpit completed.

spacer.png

Fuselage came together very quickly. I have decided to build this one all 'buttoned up'. The F-106 will have its panels / weapons bay open.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Another nice kit JB.

Can't quite make out from the pic if it is a Case X wing or Case XX - looks like the later to me? I believe they offer both as different boxings.

Pete

• 1 month later...

In the last week, I seem to have rediscovered my mojo, and have finally made some progress.

Primed and ready for paint.

spacer.png

Struggled to find an match for Air Defence Gray, the nearest I could find was Vallejo Model AIr Flanker Light Gray.

spacer.png

Gloss coated and decalling underway. Decals from an Xtradecal set representing an aircraft from 496th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, Hahn AFB Germany.

spacer.png

Even as I made progress, I just suffered a minor set back, the carpet monster has feasted on the nose wheel. I will check my spares box, if not I believe there is a resin replacement set available.

• Like 4

Seeing your model primed in grey shows the futuristic and radical lines of this machine to great effect. Matching those to such colourful markings really brings it to life B) 

On 21/02/2021 at 08:31, Col. said:

Seeing your model primed in grey shows the futuristic and radical lines of this machine to great effect. Matching those to such colourful markings really brings it to life B) 

Agree, It looks fast standing still.

Replacement resin wheels have arrived. 

spacer.png

Sod's law, having painted the wheels I found the original missing nose wheel. At the same time I discovered one of the inner under carriage doors had gone missing. Made a replacement out of some plasticard.

spacer.png

After a bit more fettling, I am calling this finished.

spacer.png

• Like 4

• Jb65rams changed the title to F-102A Delta Dagger ***Finished***