Nobbly Bobbly! The Mi-24v “HIND” 1/48 by Zvezda WIP.

Accolades from me too Johnny - those internals and engines are looking spectacular :) 

One thing though; is that a bottle of Sandeman's Port by your side while you're toasting your tootsies?

If so, that glass is a bit big old boy. Just saying… :D 

Reminds me of a business lunch where a nice vintage port followed the nosh.

One attendee remarked "Steady on chaps, it's not Lemonade you know".

We knew, oh we knew… :D 

• Haha 6

- Which kind of cheese is this ? Not a Cheddar neither a Sylton...for sure........Far earlier, in another life, in Corsica, I had a girl friend whose dog  whore this delicate name........

- Nice job on the engines.....Hannants has cabin fans from A-Squared available...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- Oh Johnny sorry, after a nother reading I realise where your tasty looking cheese came from..........WHAT AN HERESY:o.......!!!!!!!;........Well .......after all, if you like it doesn't matter......It really look like a cheese......you are such a good modeller  I've been lurred...CONGRATS ......

LWx9HG.jpg

- This one is called Saint Nectaire....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Those who poo poo acrylic metallics I don’t understand why.

Me too - it’s nothing bad about these paints, even the water-based metallics are great in their own way. I used an XF-16 and it’s perfect (maybe a little grainy). As I understand, you used an X-11, isn’t it?

I started with Tamiya smoke to tarnish the metal somewhat.

Looks great! 👍 I haven’t used the Smoke yet, but I’ll give it a try.

I’ll top coat with this.

The Metal Varnish looks cool, great idea Johnny! 😉

Now replaced with Alexa.

Such a tiny speakers... 😬

Spoiler

I dream about these:

spacer.png

Excellent progress so far, Johnny! Have a nice modelling week. 🥳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CedB said:

One thing though; is that a bottle of Sandeman's Port by your side while you're toasting your tootsies?

It's a good thing that crate next to the fireplace prolly doesn't have the bottles in there :P

Advocaat - and not the export stuff either.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hendie said:

Seriously though Johnny, I'd be interested in how you did that - care to post a recipe?

Lovely work on the MRGB and other internals. Engines should look lovely with all the greeblies and wiring added.

PS I got one o' them alexa's in the basement too.  I resisted for a while but they're just so damned convenient, and she's now dotted (see what I did there?) all around the house

No probs. Here’s the link.

https://fullofplants.com/vegan-blue-cheese/

I haven’t been taking milk or cheese for a few years now. Although I do have our hens eggs.  I made this cheese last year but it wasn’t solid enough. This year I used the micro bullet to blend it and that seemed to do the trick. 👌

Alexas are great, I had a small DAB radio but the sound was awful. The Dot has a really warm sound. I love it. ❤️

7 hours ago, VT Red Sox Fan said:

Johnny, really enjoyed catching up with this--those metallics are stunning--understand they are Vallejo--really liked what you did with this the photo etch!  Best, Erwin

Thanks. Yes Vallejo. They work well for me. 

6 hours ago, giemme said:

Outstanding result on the engines, Johnny :worthy:  :worthy:  Love that pic by the fireplace, it gives a sense of relax and festivity  :D  :thumbsup:

Ciao

Thanks. This was our dining room but as we didn’t use it that much (we tend to eat in the kitchen) we sold the table bought a sofa and turned it into a sitting room. My new favourite spot. 🥰

5 hours ago, CedB said:

Accolades from me too Johnny - those internals and engines are looking spectacular :) 

Reminds me of a business lunch where a nice vintage port followed the nosh.

One attendee remarked "Steady on chaps, it's not Lemonade you know".

We knew, oh we knew… :D 

Thanks Ced. Erm I know what you mean. It’s an opaque bottle so you can’t see how much you’ve had. I think I had a lot.

goes down well that one. ❤️

5 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- Which kind of cheese is this ? Not a Cheddar neither a Sylton...for sure........Far earlier, in another life, in Corsica, I had a girl friend whose dog  whore this delicate name........

- Nice job on the engines.....Hannants has cabin fans from A-Squared available...

thanks. It’s a cheese I made from cashews. It has a blue mould added like regular cheese but using nuts instead of milk. Works well to scratch the blue cheese itch. 

4 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- Oh Johnny sorry, after a nother reading I realise where your tasty looking cheese came from..........WHAT AN HERESY:o.......!!!!!!!;........Well .......after all, if you like it doesn't matter......It really look like a cheese......you are such a good modeller  I've been lurred...CONGRATS ......

LWx9HG.jpg

- This one is called Saint Nectaire....

hey yes it does look like that cheese. I do miss cheese but I guess that’s the choices we make eh. 😍😇

2 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Me too - it’s nothing bad about these paints, even the water-based metallics are great in their own way. I used an XF-16 and it’s perfect (maybe a little grainy). As I understand, you used an X-11, isn’t it?

Looks great! 👍 I haven’t used the Smoke yet, but I’ll give it a try.

The Metal Varnish looks cool, great idea Johnny! 😉

Such a tiny speakers... 😬

Reveal hidden contents

I dream about these:

spacer.png

Excellent progress so far, Johnny! Have a nice modelling week. 🥳

Thanks Nikolay.  No it’s Vallejo paint for the metallics. I’ll post a pic tomorrow. The speaker is small but sounds amazing. 

20 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

It's a good thing that crate next to the fireplace prolly doesn't have the bottles in there :P

Advocaat - and not the export stuff either.

I do miss advocaat. 🥳

• Like 5

9 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

I woke up this morning and got a bit more in before chores.

for those who follow my threads you’ll know I love my radio 6 while building. Alas old faithful has done its last Crisps on the radio. 😩😭

Mark and Stuart might be my favourite 6music DJs 👍

• Like 2

Just caught up with this one - how did I miss it? It's looking VERY nice indeed! You're making me want to dig into my stash and find that 1:72 Zvezda Mi-35M and bring it up to the top of the pile. I haven't made a chopper in years, 2021 could be the time!   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

It’s an opaque bottle so you can’t see how much you’ve had. I think I had a lot.

Quite right Johnny. Once Port is uncorked it goes off very quickly*. Best to not take any chances :D 

No it doesn't, but don't tell the missus.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Hello Spad !!

I catch up !! What a great progress !!

I really enjoy your way to use paints and varnishes... And I learn too !! Thanks for that !!

Advocaaat Huh !! Another belgian specialty...

I really love that, It's about the time for that little chocolates stuffed with advocaat...

Your beers look interesting too...

Nice resting place Spad !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Just caught up with this one - how did I miss it? It's looking VERY nice indeed! You're making me want to dig into my stash and find that 1:72 Zvezda Mi-35M and bring it up to the top of the pile. I haven't made a chopper in years, 2021 could be the time!   :)

Cheers,

Bill

USN sea Wolves UH-1 by any chance ???

CC

8 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

USN sea Wolves UH-1 by any chance ???

CC

I think the last helicopter I built was this crazy thing:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142843986@N03/albums/72157662399990657

But I'd be willing to build a Huey. Or better yet a Jolly Green. That's what my brother flew in Nam.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

On 20/12/2020 at 15:15, The Spadgent said:

Ahhhh work is done for the year. Which only means..... well more than one thing. I managed to get some Beer to enhance the X-Mas Atmos.

50739788591_753e769405_b.jpg

I also made some Veegee blue cheese from Cashew nuts.

much better than last years.

50739788731_66b654993a_b.jpg

Just before that last pic, was it: "The CRACKERS, Grom-eh, Zero! We've forgotten the crackers!"? 😂

The Krokodil's coming together just fine, looking forward to your wiring! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

It’s a very good chopper, Bill! 👍 And the kit was great on its release, I was a boy and was amazed with its details.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Quiet Mike said:

Mark and Stuart might be my favourite 6music DJs 👍

They are great! I do like Cerys. Amy. Craig. Iggy. Huey. Damn it’s just a great station. ❤️👌

23 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Cheers,

Bill

Doooo it. Doooo it. Dooooo it. You know you want to. 🤩

22 hours ago, CedB said:

Quite right Johnny. Once Port is uncorked it goes off very quickly*. Best to not take any chances :D 

No it doesn't, but don't tell the missus.

I hate taking chances. 🤣🍷😉

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Spad !!

I catch up !! What a great progress !!

I really enjoy your way to use paints and varnishes... And I learn too !! Thanks for that !!

Advocaaat Huh !! Another belgian specialty...

I really love that, It's about the time for that little chocolates stuffed with advocaat...

Your beers look interesting too...

Nice resting place Spad !!

Sincerely.

CC

I miss Advocaat. It was a firm favourite at Christmas but it contains egg so unless I can make it myself I’m scuppered. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Tip said:

Just before that last pic, was it: "The CRACKERS, Grom-eh, Zero! We've forgotten the crackers!"? 😂

The Krokodil's coming together just fine, looking forward to your wiring! 

Oh we have crackers!! 🤣 wiring is pretty much there. 😇

3 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Great work on the Nobbly mate.

Have a great a Xmas as you can.

Simon.

Thanks. You have a great Christmas too y’hear. 🤩🎄

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Good evening.

Thank you for all the lovely comments.

I hope you are all wrapped up and ready for the holiday season. For once we’re ahead of the game, only a few bits and bobs to wrap and that will be it.🤩 I spent the most part of today indulged in plastic and wires. What an absolute treat. 😇
I started off by taking the most part of the flory off with a cotton bud.

50745430052_ed583130a8_b.jpg

Then I glued the extra bits on.

50745430342_f58f770d82_b.jpg

And the top pipes.

50744591803_48da973548_b.jpg

Time for a dry fit. Not bad really, I used super glue rather than TET to fix in place.

50745323691_75c3449ab0_b.jpg

The fuselage still fits so I can begin with the wiring.

50744592643_aa4784830a_b.jpg

Although this takes place over only a few pictures a lot of time went into it. They aren’t totally accurate by any chalk but it’s a pretty good representation I think and I’m happy. (Until I see them tomorrow that is 🤣😮🤪)

The first few red pipes went in. I figured out quickly that I had to work from one end and lead to the other section.

Lots of little pipes were visible but not so many by the gear box on this side.

50745430277_35f7deeccd_b.jpg

The other side had a whole bunch of colourful pipe work going on. Here’s the start.

50744591783_809c47957c_b.jpg

More and more, little by little I came to this point.

50745323051_234c1da350_b.jpg

Not perfect but I’m happy with the look.

50745430367_b2f4a79422_b.jpg

Here’s a pic from the top.

50745323651_9bda2675da_b.jpg

If I still like this in the morning I can get those fuselage halves together and start on the meat of this beautiful helicopter.

Thanks for looking in. Hope you’re all well and happy, safe and warm. ❤️

All the best.

Johnny. 🐊

• Like 23

8 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

But I'd be willing to build a Huey. Or better yet a Jolly Green. That's what my brother flew in Nam.

Cheers,

Bill

That's impressive Bill !!

Really great chopper...

Jolly Green is tempting... And there's one in 1/48....

Then, A sandy A-1 is mandatory...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2