Shepherds Grove mushrooms distributor !! Republic F-84F

On 11/8/2020 at 9:41 AM, corsaircorp said:

WP_20180928_12_41_20_Pro

Thanks Noel !

I'll try to find the book and read it, sound interesting.

I was wondering about "Why did they call her the Flying Coca Cola bottle ?? "

Then I got it, I really love the Early jets !!

You should, his description of the F84F makes it seem like a creature with a real personality. Richard Bach is a pilot with soul. A rare thing with pilots. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hey Martin,

Look at this pic...

Maj Marette playing his fav game !!

67341130_10217414871716808_5142078195599671296_n

May be a contest with Ray Hannah ??

CC

Lordy! The H&S Mafia would have something to say about that, today. Still, considering what happened at Shoreham, it's probably all for the best. If the Thunderstreak suffered a loss of power in the pictured situation, the consequences could be enormous and horrifying. I wonder just how close he is to be crowd-line? Much less than 50 feet? It looks like his port wingtip could virtually be skimming over the front-row of spectators. A great feat of focus on the part of the photographer. It really "captures a decisive moment" (to quote Henri Cartier Bresson). 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris.  

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 3:58 AM, spruecutter96 said:

Lordy! The H&S Mafia would have something to say about that, today. Still, considering what happened at Shoreham, it's probably all for the best. If the Thunderstreak suffered a loss of power in the pictured situation, the consequences could be enormous and horrifying. I wonder just how close he is to be crowd-line? Much less than 50 feet? It looks like his port wingtip could virtually be skimming over the front-row of spectators. A great feat of focus on the part of the photographer. It really "captures a decisive moment" (to quote Henri Cartier Bresson). 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris.  

Sure but what about it ???

118614218_3739243302769935_5804359546471983790_o

and that ?

91262373_2855602157820701_783293762959835136_n

Just Hoooops !!:rofl2:

CC

Now, that's what I call FOD! When you see photos like these, do the pilots involved lose their jobs over the incident or lose a rank or two?

Back in the 1950's, my Dad did his National Service in the RAF. He told me the story of a Wellington that was being used to give pleasure-flights to a large group of Air Cadets. As he watched, some Muppet drove a small truck on to the runway, during the Welligton's take-off run. The bomber's right landing-gear clipped the truck and was knocked out of action. After flying around for some time to burn most of his fuel, the Wellington's pilot brought the airframe back on to the runway and kept his right wing "in the air" for as long as he could. Once the wingtip contacted the ground, the Wellington pulled a very graceful turn, pivoting around that point and then came to a full stop. The driver of the truck was court-martialled for his action. 

Chris.   

• Like 1