Shepherds Grove mushrooms distributor !! Republic F-84F

Hello Dears,

That did'nt occur very oftenly but !!!

2 RFI the same day !! Yiiihaaaaaa !!

So here we go, pure cold war time.

At the time being, tension were really high, 78th Fighter Interceptor Squadron is reclassed as 78th Fighter Bomber Sqdn charged with  nuclear strike...

IMG_20201107_160533 78th_Attack_Squadron_patch

The Mk 7 bomb has to be "Tossed over the shoulder" and there was a Mk 7 for every bridge on the Vistul river... Ahem !!

With such an amount of nuclear blast, I think that the vistul river will have been evaporated....

Thus rendering the bridges totally irrelevants...

IMG_20201107_160515 IMG_20201107_160500

The pilots were trained to fly with an eye masked over... In this way if they have to be blinded by the nuke blast of another aircraft, he still got a chance to get back home...

The kit depict a Nuclear QRA Aircraft, fully loaded with the Mk 7 and 3 fuel tanks..

Of course, to get all this metal chunk airborne, the Jato bottles were used !!

IMG_20201107_160642 IMG_20201107_160654

Basically, it's the 1984 Monogram edition, I added some plasticard, harness and so on

I just improve the kit a bit

Paints are Alclad, the decals were worn but I saved it with Microscale decal film !

IMG_20201107_160547

I started this kit in Ahem... 1988 !

It is not my longest build yet !!:rofl2:

IMG_20201107_160555

Here's a pic of the original A/C used as a gate guardian.

78th_Fighter-Interceptor_Squadron_-_Republic_F-84F-45-RE_Thunderstreak_-_52-6718

Well Gents !!

Comments and advices are welcome, Banter is mandatory !!

It's up to you !! Free fire zone in 3, 2, ...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 34

Time for family pics now !!

Early U.S jets !!

IMG_20201107_161026

Now My Cold War jet serie !!

IMG_20201107_160931 IMG_20201107_160938

And why not the full Cold War serie ??

IMG_20201107_161323 IMG_20201107_161334 IMG_20201107_161312

Have a great modelling sunday Gents !!

And take care of you and yours !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 25

Fantastic to see a Bushmasters Streak completed! 1988??? Makes me feel better about my two Thunderstreaks I started about six years ago & still haven't completed! 

Unsung cold war jets I think, the poor man's F-86 but I love them. 

Need new tools in 1/72 - desperately! Couldn't help getting that in! 😆

One day I'll present by my souped up efforts.

Martin

• Thanks 1

Brilliant, there's something about the Thunderstreak I like. 

Particularly since I read Richard Bach's book 'Stranger to the Ground'. His description of flying one from England to the South of France on a stormy night is a classic. 

• Thanks 2

Love the aircraft and the back story on it.  I would never have thought of training with one eye patched over but those were the days and it all made sense at the time.  You've done a beautiful job rendering the aircraft, congratulations and thanks for posting!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Fantastic to see a Bushmasters Streak completed! 1988??? Makes me feel better about my two Thunderstreaks I started about six years ago & still haven't completed! 

Unsung cold war jets I think, the poor man's F-86 but I love them. 

Need new tools in 1/72 - desperately! Couldn't help getting that in! 😆

One day I'll present by my souped up efforts.

Martin

Thanks Martin !!

And the streak is not the oldest kit I started and did'nt finish :violin:

The F-84 is really beloved in Belgium 'cause we used it, and then, I have this at 7 km from my house...

WP_20180928_12_41_20_Pro

11 hours ago, noelh said:

Brilliant, there's something about the Thunderstreak I like. 

Particularly since I read Richard Bach's book 'Stranger to the Ground'. His description of flying one from England to the South of France on a stormy night is a classic. 

Thanks Noel !

I'll try to find the book and read it, sound interesting.

I was wondering about "Why did they call her the Flying Coca Cola bottle ?? "

Then I got it, I really love the Early jets !!

11 hours ago, MarcNewitt said:

Love both the Thunderstreak and the Starfire, that Lightning is top notch too.

Great stuff!!

Marc

Thanks Marc,

It's appreciated !!

11 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Beautifully done! Now if we can get Kittyhawk to resurrect their planned 1/32 scale offering. Your F-94C is beautiful!

Yes, it would be great !!

What I'm waiting for now is a new tooled 1/48 Supermarine Scimitar, and a P-82 Twin Mustang !

And at least a good serie of Venom and Vampires !! 

Ohooo Mrs Airfix, Mr Eduard Did you hear me ????📢

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking Streak Cousin. :thumbsup:

Thanks Cousin !!

Your is great too !! But I noticed that our Streajs bear the same Buzz Number...:rage:

Feel free to post some pics of your on here, We will try to have the 2 one a same pic !

10 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Love the aircraft and the back story on it.  I would never have thought of training with one eye patched over but those were the days and it all made sense at the time.  You've done a beautiful job rendering the aircraft, congratulations and thanks for posting!

Thanks Sir !!

I'm always wondering about the ideas they get at the time...

Such as prone position to fly an aircraft...

It was a time for pioneers, discovering things in putting your hands on !! and sometimes at the cost of your life !!

I thank you all Gents !!

CC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Thanks Martin !!

And the streak is not the oldest kit I started and did'nt finish :violin:

The F-84 is really beloved in Belgium 'cause we used it, and then, I have this at 7 km from my house...

WP_20180928_12_41_20_Pro

So they managed to put it back up then? Last I heard a lorry crashed into that!

The last time I took a photo of that was in 2016 in a silver scheme. Looks good in that scheme, that's what I was planning to do one of my 1/72 projects in. Looks like an air display airframe which appeared in some well known photos at Wethersfield.

And apart from the "Flying Coke Bottle" I always thought it looked like a bowling skittle with wings!

Martin

• Thanks 1

Thanks Martin, @Lightningboy2000

Yes she's back !! painted as the one flown by Captain Marette !!

Not only in airshow... He oftenly made it back to Florennes with clothes drying lines hung on the wings, not to mention straws ...

I did a post about it months ago.

CC

34 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Thanks Martin, @Lightningboy2000

Yes she's back !! painted as the one flown by Captain Marette !!

Not only in airshow... He oftenly made it back to Florennes with clothes drying lines hung on the wings, not to mention straws ...

I did a post about it months ago.

CC

Thanks CC, yes that's him "Maj Marette" that's who I was thinking of. Don't know how I missed that as I hoover up anything to do with Thunderstreaks!

All before my time, but I've heard about his extreme low level flypasts at the shows!

That will be one of my projects to complete for 2021.

Also looked at your link & notice that I took an early morning trip through your way, during my 2016 tour of Belgium & Holland & also snapped that Mig-15UTI which is a Polish Lim I think. Just love travelling around those parts, goes to show how different our culture is over here. Put a Hunter up on one of our roundabouts & watch it get sprayed & vandalized.

Martin

• Like 1

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Thanks Cousin !!

Your is great too !! But I noticed that our Streajs bear the same Buzz Number...:rage:

Feel free to post some pics of your on here, We will try to have the 2 one a same pic !

Yes Im not a stickler for numbers. However its is also at least a possibility that the same aircraft rotated through both units after maintenance overhauls.  Since you asked If you want more let me know. 

yuavxcG.jpg

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2020 at 12:13 AM, The Spadgent said:

Wow!! Where do all these keep coming from??? Amazing work CC. 🤩🤩🤩 I must add a thunder streak to my list now. 🤪

Beautiful family shot too. 🥰

Johnny.

Thank you Dear spad !

This one has been started in 1988, See, even years after They will show in RFI section...

Now, I still have two kits to be continued... From this ancient times of my Second modeller's life...

I'm in my third now, The most productive ever... Thanks to BM !!

On 11/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, F-32 said:

Lovely work :clap:

Thank you F-32,

Now, the second F-84... She would be as colorfull as this one...

Aaaaah the fifties....

Far more tasty for the eyes than today's fifty shades of grey....:violin:

Thank you all Guys !!

Thank for the support !!

Sincerely.

CC

Gotta love the F-84, what a lovely build!

So that's the Mk. 7 bomb on the port inner pylon and a fuel tank on the starboard inner pylon? Imagine the violent roll to starboard when releasing the bomb and suddenly creating asymmetric load (while pointing vertically upwards in the middle of the escape manoeuvre, of course!) Brave men.

• Thanks 1

Wow CC.  You`re not making it easy for me which subject to pick next after my current project.  Because of you, the F-84 moved up the list.  I can only hope that mine will be nearly as pleasant on one`s eyes as your`s is.  Very nice!!!!  Great collection too. :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, Lightningboy2000 said:

Thanks CC, yes that's him "Maj Marette" that's who I was thinking of. Don't know how I missed that as I hoover up anything to do with Thunderstreaks!

All before my time, but I've heard about his extreme low level flypasts at the shows!

That will be one of my projects to complete for 2021.

Also looked at your link & notice that I took an early morning trip through your way, during my 2016 tour of Belgium & Holland & also snapped that Mig-15UTI which is a Polish Lim I think. Just love travelling around those parts, goes to show how different our culture is over here. Put a Hunter up on one of our roundabouts & watch it get sprayed & vandalized.

Martin

Hey Martin,

Look at this pic...

Maj Marette playing his fav game !!

67341130_10217414871716808_5142078195599671296_n

May be a contest with Ray Hannah ??

CC

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hey Martin,

Look at this pic...

Maj Marette playing his fav game !!

67341130_10217414871716808_5142078195599671296_n

May be a contest with Ray Hannah ??

CC

Aha! Yes indeed I have seen that & one day I'll get round to building the diorama of that photo. With little blurred 1/72 people! And maybe someone's washing line attached to the wing! 😆

• Haha 1