Hi guys.

I Don't know if this is a correct entry, but here we go.

Take 1 red arrow boxing of Hawk. wished I'd gotten the other boxing instead of 2 the same.

Cockpit built up and a bit of paint splashed around

BGJhtrK.jpg

XVIO0tn.jpg

No problems really, could have spent more time here, but it's so small and hidden mostly.

Airframe went together with no drama's. Everything fitted and aligned reasonably well. Only awkward bit was the internal airbrake piece, which I glued slightly to one side, making the lower strakes sit misaligned.

Bodged it a bit, but to my untrained eye, looks OK.

LKQ9wpK.jpg

sSGQxjm.jpg

r9kV9uB.jpg

Tail planes to Fit, and thats the main airframe assembly Complete

Paul

• Like 2

Sarcasm may be employed in this post, it is no reflection on any particular political party or organisation.

So, why D-day Tankbuster.

Well, with todays financial situation, the British Government are Looking for a cheap and cheerful alternative ground attack aircraft.

As America and Europe mostly think that Britain is Doomed, a homegrown solution is required. 

So, Britain's Best minds swung into action and came up with their Technologically superior, world beating performance, and most deadly design.

The Government, in their wisdom, decided that being the worlds best would cost to much money, and sent the designers back to the drawing board.

While Heading for the Drawing Board, they stopped off at the local Pub.

Many Hours later, they emerged, with the most cunning of plans.

Everyone loves the red arrows and Their little red planes trailing smoke, was the general position held by the big wigs.

So they started drawing and came up with the new improved Red Arrow design. 

A aircraft the can win hearts and minds, A aircraft that can make people go "oohhhhhh". A Aircraft that can make big holes in Tank's.

The First Mock Up.

5UqW1Ho.jpg

PWoDqWu.jpg

xxkVOy4.jpg

The gun Pod is from the centreline Pod, and another 1 from the other kit I'm gonna build. Barrels are from 1/35 German 2cm Flak 38. Nose barrel has been cut down a Bit as It looked too long. 

Still deciding on under carriage configuration. Got to make a couple of under wing Pylons for additional weapons.

And Finally, the D-day Bit.

I have always liked bare metal finish aircraft and D-day markings. So I'm gonna attempt both on this.

I Also have a set of "Victory in Sight" Spitfire decals, which include a Shark mouth, but I'll decide on that later.

Cheers for reading/looking

Paul

• Like 5

Hi Guys.. and girls.

As this is the first 1/72 plane I've built in over 40 years, I've had to Improvise a display stand for wheels up.

So, a bit of Bent square section Rod, a few wraps of tape, and it fits nicely in the tail pipe.

Couple of underwing Pylons bodged up from tank spares, and a pair of 1/48 bomb's (?) I had laying around, complete the basic assembly.

Still a few small Probes and aerials to fit after final clean-up and ready for colour.

Fe8xuSv.jpg

U14aCIY.jpg

bamF5Gc.jpg

zVCgn8M.jpg

Thanks for looking

Paul

• Like 2

I like it, Paul. There's something of the Angel Interceptor about it.

It looks like the brass barrels will have set you back more than the kit, which is a testament to a dedication to whiffiness,

Alan