Bf109K-4 '700'

Evening all

This is my attempt at '332700' - a Bf109K-4 of JG27, found unserviceable by the allies at Wunstorf in April 1945, along with many other aircraft types, apparently including 18 other Bf109s, four Fw190s, two Ju88s and an Italian SM75 transport, mostly in various stages of 'dismantlement' - is that a word?  

The Fujimi kit went together well, using a Montex mask set (the Hakenkreuze are decals) and finished mainly with Vallejo and some Mig acrylics.  There is a bit of calculated guesswork on the colours, but I went with the consensus, which seems fairly well documented - either way, the late-war colour variations are all part of the fun.

Pics taken outside in low light - as usual for West Wales in November.  One day I'll take some decent pics.. ;) 

Hope you like.  Comments welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 40

17 minutes ago, SafetyDad said:

Nice to see the old Fujimi kit getting a bit of love here

Nice job!

:like:

SD

Haha - it's the first Fujimi I've built, I think.  'Quirky' is how I would describe it - the cowling fit requires humans to have at least three hands (two to hold both sides of the cowling in place, while the third hand applies the glue), but I think I got lucky with it.  However, I'm embarrassed to admit that the kit also requires you fill certain panel and hatch lines, depending on what model is being built - which I omitted to do :(  On the upside, the panel lines are not particularly well-defined, so the results are not too obvious.  The fit is good though, overall.

Turned out really well Werdna. The scheme is very convincing (with the research and general consensus) as well as being quite striking.

Nicely done.

• Like 1