Revell 2021 programme and releases

Homebee

There are a couple of Matchbox reissues I'm happy to see easily available again, and the new Soviet armour in 72nd makes me happy (already had the PT-76 on pre-order, have to add the BTR and SCUD now too :) )

The wingy thing list might not be setting the world on fire but to be honest, Revell aren't my go to for aircraft anyway so I'm neither surprised not disappointed there.

Andy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GRIM REAPER said:

Except for the upcoming Blackbird, it looks like another very lackluster year.

Oh, I don’t know, there seems to be something called a VW camper van “The Who” special: I might give it a look.     😎

On 11/15/2020 at 4:27 PM, Paul H said:

Some interesting car releases there, and some are clearly Revell Germany reboxes of recent Revell USA releases.  However, I'm guessing that the E Type OTS is a variant of their new tool FHC?  Based on the sprue layouts of the FHC, an OTS version seems very likely (as opposed to it being a re-release of their '60s era tooling OTS), especially since Revell appear to have also wrongly given the FHC the lower height windscreen from the OTS...

However, does anyone have any info on the Porsche 911 coupe and targa that are also listed?  The G series is the '74 model year, and the first of the impact bumper models.  However this is sometimes used to describe all 911s of that shape (which ran until '89).  Revell have previously reboxed the Fujimi Enthusiast series '80s 911 coupe and targa kits as Revell Premium series (along with some of their own tooled kits), so wondering if this is another re-box of the Fujimi, or an entirely new tool of their own?

Hi Paul,

Sadly, it is not written "new tool" on the 911 g series news. Surely a rebox of the Fujimi kits... They have released the Carrera 85' in coupé, targa, cabriolet and speedster versions. So, may be a Fujimi Carrera 3.2 version.

We can also expect a new tooled 911 G series as they released a 934 and the 934 base is a G type.

Well, let's wait fur further informations.

Lolo

PS: Thank for the 2021 Revell news ;) 

On 19/11/2020 at 03:35, Harry Callahan said:

I have nothing to complain

Happy about

- Breguet Atlantic 

- VW T1 Dr. Oetker

- SR-71 Blackbird 

Yeap, me too. Happy for the Italian Atlantic (although it was possible to make one with the current kit, except for the decals of course), the Tornado IDS ASSTA 3.1 (finally!), and curious about the F-16D, the Space Shuttle and Tiger Meet releases. 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2020 at 16:27, junco said:

I presume the 'Magic Bus'?

Neil

I'm pretty sure it will be along those lines. Lots of flower decals, etc..

** Having now seen photos of the kit, there aren't any hippy dippy decals, just a curious collection of 1969  Tommy era decals of Roger, Keith and Pete, a mid '90's John Entwistle on a van if they ever used would have been in the early '60's !

(Incidentally, you can ride the magic bus in Manchester, a Dennis environment double decker.)

It certainly won't be the commer, then transit they used back in the mid '60's, not the 7.5 ton lorry I saw them use from early '69 onwards for their equipment.

I remember being at one concert in Birmingham early, and was utterly slack jawed at the amount of speaker cabinets, drums, amplifiers and guitar cases that came out of their lorry.*

To say they were loud that night was an understatement.

* Now of course 8 or 10 trailer lorries courtesy of Edwin Shirley trucking move the equipment around. They're still loud.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ABeck said:

from IPMS-Germany website, built by Dieter "Conny" Wiegmann (Bremen)

Breguet Br.1150 Atlantic - Revell - 1/72 (ipmsdeutschland.de)

spacer.png

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Flugzeuge/Wiegmann/Rev_Breguet_Br1150_Atlantic/Rev_Breguet_Atlantic_41o_Stormo.html

Wish you all the best for 2021, Andreas.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Well, I’m excited for the SR-71, the late 1/32 P-51D, and the Swift boat, maybe the two kits from the Mandalorian , but not much else. I guess we should be glad there is anything new at all.

Just my penny's worth I think The sports plane looks like a Piper Cub??

I'm thinking 767 747-8 Atlantic F-15 & a couple of swift boats joining my stash 

Not a bad new list from Revell something for everyone now the countdown has begun in earnest for the big A reveals 

Eamonn

• Like 1

Nobody interested in the Dragon Sea Vixen reissue? It may not be an accurate kit but at least it's a chance to buy a modern kit of the type at a price hopefully much lower than the original.

Same for the Hawk T.2 (and this kit should also be accurate).

The F-16D may sound like just another F-16 from Revell but their two seaters are not as easy to find as the A and C

• Homebee changed the title to Revell 2021 programme and releases

Wish you all the best for 2021, Andreas.....

Thank you, and the same back to you and all those who run this - and not only this - website. All these efforts mean so much in these times without club meetings , ordered social distancing and hidden smiles behind masks.

Concerning the list I do really really miss something which fits in after the years of Spits, Ponies and 109s. Something BIG and windy I heard of but can´t tell about.

Happy New Year,...but please, not the same procedure than las year...  -  have fun

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Just my penny's worth I think The sports plane looks like a Piper Cub??

It does, doesn’t it! Maybe Revell are having licensing issues with Piper?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

It looks as if the entire budget went to merchandising costs.

Maybe not too far off the mark. That licensing fee for Flop Gun 2 has to be recouped somehow I guess...

23 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Maybe Revell are having licensing issues with Piper?

There's also some bush kit planes that are based off of Cubs, looking at that tire, might be one of those.