Revell 2021 programme and releases

Homebee

6 hours ago, IanC said:

It's good to see the 1/76 Sherman Firefly and Puma '[My] First Diorama' sets there - Matchbox armour still going strong almost half a century on. 

That suddenly makes me feel very old. In my mind they are as fresh as the day I first made them. Age and time are a funny thing.

• Like 5

That's just what I was thinking. I went into P&S Hobbies in York last week to top up on modelling consumables before lockdown, spotted the 1/76 Comet and bought it  - for the second time. I remember building it when it first came out, which I see from Scalemates was 47 years ago. In 1973, it was less than 30 years since the actual tank had entered service.....

• Like 3

The Fi 103 V1, is welcomed. But I would like to see the AGM-86 ALCM in kit form. Preferably in 1/32 or 1/48. I think FineMolds has the Tomahawk in 1/72.

I know Revell/Monogram has years ago had a Cold war missile set with both US and Soviet missiles in 1/144 I think. The reissue of it would be appreciated.

On 14/11/2020 at 10:33, Homebee said:

Batch 3

REV2.png

REV3.png

V.P.

Some interesting car releases there, and some are clearly Revell Germany reboxes of recent Revell USA releases.  However, I'm guessing that the E Type OTS is a variant of their new tool FHC?  Based on the sprue layouts of the FHC, an OTS version seems very likely (as opposed to it being a re-release of their '60s era tooling OTS), especially since Revell appear to have also wrongly given the FHC the lower height windscreen from the OTS...

However, does anyone have any info on the Porsche 911 coupe and targa that are also listed?  The G series is the '74 model year, and the first of the impact bumper models.  However this is sometimes used to describe all 911s of that shape (which ran until '89).  Revell have previously reboxed the Fujimi Enthusiast series '80s 911 coupe and targa kits as Revell Premium series (along with some of their own tooled kits), so wondering if this is another re-box of the Fujimi, or an entirely new tool of their own?

• Like 2

The only thing which raised my interest is the 1/72 strike eagle. On the other hand, the Hasegawa one is quite good, and great wall hobby kit too. So we will see if the revell kit is really worth the wait. As the last kits were rather disappointing, I assume it's not really worth the waiting. Maybe some 1/72-Tanks like the M-109 or the Scud.

Alex

6 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

PS - were they not supposed to be issuing a 1/32 Extra 300?.

I'm intrigued as to what to expect from "Sports Plane Builders Choice" Is it a kit of a kitplane kit?

You may just have answered my question.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I wonder if “Builder’s Choice” means it has parts for multiple variants, single and two-seater? If they do one, I’ll have one to build in Blades livery!

best,

M.

Builders choice is the competition Revell run to have custom decals https://www.facebook.com/Revell/posts/2421479937897427

15 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I’m still hoping they’ll follow up their Hasegawa FGR2 Toom re-box with a similar FG1; some good, comprehensive, modern 767 / 892 decals would be lovely

I may be wrong but I don’t think Revell have ever issued it as a K?

Trevor

54 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Ah! Never thought of that. Don't know if I would describe the Extra 300 as a "sports plane" but, I guess aerobatics is a kind of sport....!

Whatever, the Extra was due to be released in 2018!

John

The Extra was one that appeared in Hannants website (like these) but was never officially announced by Revell. Maybe there was some licensing problem (and maybe why this is "Sports Plane")

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

I may be wrong but I don’t think Revell have ever issued it as a K?

Trevor

I don't believe they have, and as @Ex-FAAWAFU says it would be rather good if they did. I acquired the 1/48 Revell rebox of the FGR2 from a friend recently, and it does have what you need to build an FG1 except the tailplanes with LE slats! Very frustrating as I believe the Hasegawa FG1's all have the slatted tailplanes.

That said, the rebox is excellent value for money and with a bit of aftermarket will make an excellent Toom!

Terry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

I don't believe they have, and as @Ex-FAAWAFU says it would be rather good if they did. I acquired the 1/48 Revell rebox of the FGR2 from a friend recently, and it does have what you need to build an FG1 except the tailplanes with LE slats! Very frustrating as I believe the Hasegawa FG1's all have the slatted tailplanes.

That said, the rebox is excellent value for money and with a bit of aftermarket will make an excellent Toom!

Terry

Slotted stabilator

https://www.hypersonicmodels.com/product/f-4-phantom-slotted-stabilator 

https://the48ers.com/f-4-phantom-slotted-stabilator.html 

Edited by Stephen
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Now you sir, are a star! I had been working out a way that I could create that from the existing stabilator. Problem solved, although that will almost double the cost I paid for the whole kit! No worries there though, a good Toom is worth it!

Many thanks

Terry