AZ Models 1/72 Spitfire Tr.9 (Elizabeth)

Evening all, 

First of all I must thank @Deanflyer for all of his help on this build as without him I would not have been able to reproduce this aircraft. 

I present to you today the AZ models 1/72 spitfire Tr.9 dressed up in the colours of NH341 Elizabeth. The model is built as a gift for my brother who was lucky enough to have a fly in and fly, for a bit this plane for his 50th birthday. 

I was originally going to build the brigade conversion but @Deanflyer was happy to let one of his spare AZ ones go to a new home and he also let me have the template for me to print off my own decals for the nose, code, squadron crest and kill score markings, plus some masks for the fuselage letters. Thanks again Dean! 

The build itself was a little more of a challenge as I'm only used to airfix and revell. There are no locator pins anywhere on the kit and the wing tips and tail elevators are all butt joints. No tabs! Plenty of filling and sanding to be done but enjoyed the build and pleased with how it has turned out. Plus its going to be in a case so most mistakes will be hidden, result!. 

20200820_220830

20201107_173823

20201107_173852

20201107_173913

20201107_173936

20201107_174056

20201107_174356

20201107_174202

As always, thanks for looking. 

• Like 49

Very nice, I've got a Tr.9 in my collection, I'm going to build it at PV202 which I was lucky enough to fly in last year, I hope it turns out as well as yours! :clap:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

Looks very nice.

I have this kit which I'm planning to build for my daughter's father in law who's having a flight in a T9 for his 60th.

Any tips for the build?

Cheers Bangor, The canopies are not a great fit, the front one needs some filling on the rear portion and the rear canopy is just way too thick and will need quite a bit scraped off. Have a look @Deanflyer's wip on the same aircraft(link a few posts up), that has some usefull information there. Good luck on your build. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:31 AM, F-32 said:

Very nice, I've got a Tr.9 in my collection, I'm going to build it at PV202 which I was lucky enough to fly in last year, I hope it turns out as well as yours! :clap:

Nice one @F-32, I look forward to seeing that when completed.