Revell `NEW TOOLING` F-15E 1/72

4scourge7

26 minutes ago, Robertone139 said:

Again Tony, the Israeli never flew the E model, they may have modified a batch of D models to perform better but they were still D models, with P&W engines.

F-15E all use the PW engines its the export strike ones that use GE engines and the I is very much based on the E

On 12/18/2021 at 6:41 PM, Robertone139 said:

Again Tony, but the Israelis never flew the E model, and this kit does not provide additional parts for a Raam.

Again Robertone, but the late production F-15Ds use the same airframe as the -15Es, and the changes required for an Israeli strike -15D are not complicated. A Ra'am -15I is probably well within the scope of most Britmodellers too, given the will to do so and a competently filled bits box.

Now, for the GE-powered exports, that's a bit more involved.

Tony 

Edited by tony.t
clarity

• 1 month later...

Looking the instruction sheet I can say they plan other versions, as the E frame looks the variant specific. By the way can someone point the BVR missiles? The painting guide mentions AIM-7 and -120 but I cant find them on the layout.

46 minutes ago, Borisz said:

Looking the instruction sheet I can say they plan other versions, as the E frame looks the variant specific. By the way can someone point the BVR missiles? The painting guide mentions AIM-7 and -120 but I cant find them on the layout.

Blanked the sparrows out but does look like it doesn't come with the amraams as they aren't in the sprue shots 

• Like 1

I was originally interested but I've lost my interest in the kit purely because they put one decal option in of a special scheme. 

Revell see to have a habit of packing kits with just one decal option, their Eurofighters a prime example. 

Some people have zero interest in these scheme and would prefer to build options of aircraft in operational schemes. I'm not interested in which aircraft but I'm not interested in purchasing aftermarket decals. Lost one customer here with this kit

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thepureness said:

I was originally interested but I've lost my interest in the kit purely because they put one decal option in of a special scheme. 

Revell see to have a habit of packing kits with just one decal option, their Eurofighters a prime example. 

Some people have zero interest in these scheme and would prefer to build options of aircraft in operational schemes. I'm not interested in which aircraft but I'm not interested in purchasing aftermarket decals. Lost one customer here with this kit

You could team up with some modeling mate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thepureness said:

I don't like this scheme either, but the F-15E is well represented in third-party decals. You can can chose from many different units from many different time periods. I'm sure that's what most modellers will be doing.

• Like 5

Well, that just bloomin' well does it!! Revell have been promising to release a 1/3796 Crinkly-Wrinkly Steak-and-Kidney Pudding fighter for blimmin' years, now.... Still no sign of it!

I will have to write to my local MP in protest at this HUGE oversight. It may take me a while to write though, as my tight-fitting strait-jacket means I have to hold the crayon in my mouth... How do you spell "flumoxed" again?

Damn you all, Revell!

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Haha 5

On 06/02/2022 at 18:09, thepureness said:

It's definitely a shame. I'll probably still get this, but surely the cost of another set of decals pales in comparison to this being a brand new tooling.

That being said, Revell probably know their customers so I'll wager they've found out people really like those anniversary schemes. Maybe there's enough people they can rely on to buy the next boxing in a year or two.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, madcat911 said:

Something doesn't look right here. Pretty sure those holes are for the AoA probes.

51951526908_034c0807f5_o.jpg

Mark

Yes, the real pitots are fwd and down a bit, more in line with the electro-luminescent panels. Not difficult to fix. Are there teeny AOA cones on the sprues?

Tony

22 hours ago, tony.t said:

Yes, the real pitots are fwd and down a bit, more in line with the electro-luminescent panels. Not difficult to fix. Are there teeny AOA cones on the sprues?

Tony

No, the're part of the moulding on the fuselage sides. I have pics but I can't upload from my PC unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Aviation Andy said:

No, the're part of the moulding on the fuselage sides. I have pics but I can't upload from my PC unfortunately.

Yes, got mine this lunchtime and the instructions are wrong, but the pitot holes are in the right place on the kit and there exist integrally-moulded small AOA spikes on the fuselage parts in the right places too. All's well! 

And the canopy hood profile is omega-ish. 

Overall, very thumbs-up. I will, however, be looking to Caracal for, er, less flamboyant markings. 

A great little kit and Jadlam used a cardboard reinforcing insert so the kit arrived in perfect condition. 

Tony 

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 2:41 AM, lasermonkey said:

I'd pay twenty quid for it too. Trouble is, it's thirty quid!

Got mine from Jadlam this morning. £24.99 post free. I'm sure other discount offers are available.

Rich

• Like 1