Revell `NEW TOOLING` F-15E 1/72

4scourge7

Probably Revell sees a niche in the market for the "last generation" F-15E derivatives. Actually,, the F-15EX/QA/SA/SQ are not covered by any companies in 1/48 and 1/72 scale, except to use the resin conversion kits produced by BAM (but their cost is over the model to convert), and the Hasegawa F-15SG is sold out and discontinued. So, they should have a follow-on kit covering the Eagle "last generation," to place on the market in few months later the release of the F-15E new kit.  

• Like 1

On 28/11/2021 at 19:09, Anatol Pigwa said:

On their Website Revell claims the kit is:

. very detailed 

- complete bombload

- guided weapons and external tanks

- last upgrades included

I therefore believe they pushed it back to 2022 in order to accomodate for the F-15EX as well.

It makes sense; If Revell want to supersede the Academy/GWH/Hasegawa kits, they must have the EX/SG/QA/SA on the market before the other companies. Anyway, it's still unconfirmed if their new kit will include the parts for the "Next Generation Eagles"  

• 3 weeks later...

Release expected in February 2022 - 1/72nd - ref. 3841 - McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle

Sources:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/revellations/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=5367&fbclid

https://www.facebook.com/ourspaceforRevellAtions/posts/4530964770356203

https://www.revell.de/en/products/novelties/f-15e-strike-eagle.html

Box art

267812131-4530964450356235-1209950037802

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Noticed it too, but leaves be a bit clueless... I think the F-15E is different from the C/D, so just adding a single seat cokpit makes a wrong F-15C. Or are there any single seat eagles based on the F-15E, which in that case would be correct?

Alex

2 minutes ago, alex said:

Noticed it too, but leaves be a bit clueless... I think the F-15E is different from the C/D, so just adding a single seat cokpit makes a wrong F-15C. Or are there any single seat eagles based on the F-15E, which in that case would be correct?

Alex

Makes a change, all previous kits have been A-D pretending to be  E's with varying degrees of success, so nice to have an E that can pretend to be its earlier brethren 

• Haha 1

not clearly visible: Omega cross section of canopy, of interest: 45° mold setting for CFT/fuselage sides which enables good surface detail, full air intake ducting. Maybe Radu has some words on this one?

2 hours ago, alex said:

so just adding a single seat cokpit makes a wrong F-15C

https://d26qn1y84zs32g.cloudfront.net/pics/RV3841.jpg?t=1639172714

The duplicated sprue has two main wheels on it, so potentially one (pair) for the E and one for the C/D.

It looks like the sprue with the FAST packs includes most / all of the two-seater parts (second cockpit tub & seat, two seater coamings / canopy fairing) as well as most of the E specific parts (FAST packs & pylons (but not the FAST pack intakes - they are on the duplicated sprue), front seat instrument panel, navigation / targeting pods).  It also looks like the bulged main gear doors for the E are integral with a larger part that includes the undersides of the intakes (presumably including chaff / flare dispensers, the pod mounting points and the E antenna fairing on the centreline) - the part under the LGBs in the sprue shot.

Shame there appear to be no AMRAAMs; nice that the AIM-7s have slots to accommodate the launch rams.

Jonathan.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:31 AM, alex said:

Noticed it too, but leaves be a bit clueless... I think the F-15E is different from the C/D, so just adding a single seat cockpit makes a wrong F-15C. Or are there any single seat eagles based on the F-15E, which in that case would be correct?

Alex

What are the F-15E differences from the A/C that cannot be contained in one or perhaps two additional sprues.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:34 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Makes a change, all previous kits have been A-D pretending to be  E's with varying degrees of success, so nice to have an E that can pretend to be its earlier brethren 

The airframe of the F-15E only has few superficial differences with the D, those differences can be contained in one sprue, exactly like Revell is doing.

The real differences happen under the skin and for us are really not important.

Edited by Robertone139

8 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

What are the F-15E differences from the A/C that cannot be contained in one or perhaps two additional sprues.

For instance, the nav lights at the wing root, according to photos, on the C/D they are not as close to the fuselage as the E. Just a detail, I know, but since the Strike Eagle had quite a complete redesign of the structure, I expect some panel lines to be different too. But yeah, most people wouldn't notice anyway.

Alex

17 hours ago, Supersonic26 said:

So is the box art confirmation of another "display scheme and display scheme only" jet from Revell?

Still, looking forward to this. Always loved the F-15.

Me too, and Caracal is our friend with some exceptional Eagle decalcomania releases in recent times.

I quite like some of the gaudy schemes and if these sell many more kits to casual buyers then the bigger sales generally are good for us, too. And there are bound to be re-boxings with new markings, over time. 

No doubt, the statutory orgy of Star of David decals will hit the market in record time. Quite like the more tasteful commemorative schemes worn by Lakenheath's jets.

Looks to be a great kit and the apparent follow-on F-15C makes it even more desirable: the two (or more) will sit nicely together on the display shelf. Nice one Revell. 

Tony  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tony.t said:

Me too, and Caracal is our friend with some exceptional Eagle decalcomania releases in recent times.

I quite like some of the gaudy schemes and if these sell many more kits to casual buyers then the bigger sales generally are good for us, too. And there are bound to be re-boxings with new markings, over time. 

No doubt, the statutory orgy of Star of David decals will hit the market in record time. Quite like the more tasteful commemorative schemes worn by Lakenheath's jets.

Looks to be a great kit and the apparent follow-on F-15C makes it even more desirable: the two (or more) will sit nicely together on the display shelf. Nice one Revell. 

Tony  

Sorry Tony, but the Israelis never flew the E model, and this kit does not provide additional parts for a Raam.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

Sorry Tony, but the Israelis never flew the E model, and this kit does not provide additional parts for a Raam.

The Heyl Ha'Avir flew the F-15D, a large batch of which (according to John "Mr Maintenance" Harty at the then McDonnell-Douglas) "were F-15Es in all but name". These preceeded the F-15I. 

Besides, the orgy of decals will be accompanied by an orgy of polyurethane resin. I wouldn't worry about the Ra'am mods — even in the unlikely event the tiny 1/72 scale parts are not available a few choice photos plus the bits box should fix that.

Tony 

18 hours ago, tony.t said:

The Heyl Ha'Avir flew the F-15D, a large batch of which (according to John "Mr Maintenance" Harty at the then McDonnell-Douglas) "were F-15Es in all but name". These preceeded the F-15I. 

Besides, the orgy of decals will be accompanied by an orgy of polyurethane resin. I wouldn't worry about the Ra'am mods — even in the unlikely event the tiny 1/72 scale parts are not available a few choice photos plus the bits box should fix that.

Tony 

Again Tony, the Israeli never flew the E model, they may have modified a batch of D models to perform better but they were still D models, with P&W engines.

Edited by Robertone139