Revell `NEW TOOLING` F-15E 1/72

4scourge7

• 4scourge7 changed the title to Revell `NEW TOOLING` F-15E 1/72

I'd rather Revell downsize their 1/48 Rafales to 1/72 scale.  Especially the Rafale M.  The Italeri kit is outdated and the Hobbyboss kits are undersized.

Why do we need another F-15E?  🤔

Maybe to conquer the European market since Revell kits might be cheaper there than Academy, Hasegawa, GWH

• Like 3

"We" probably don't need another F-15E.  I certainly don't.  But we are not the whole of the market.  The real point being, does Revell need an F-15E in its range - as in will it sell enough to make a profit?  The enthusiastic modellers who know all the kits available and where to find them are obviously a good market, but lots of other people buy models.

• Like 4

Decade ago or even earlier than that, when Revell produced kits with excellent quality/price ratio would say great, but after Hobbico brand degradation + GWH and Academy  new tools makes truely no sense, but unfortunately  sense is what company lacks for years now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jackman said:

I'd rather Revell downsize their 1/48 Rafales to 1/72 scale.  Especially the Rafale M.  The Italeri kit is outdated and the Hobbyboss kits are undersized.

Why do we need another F-15E?  🤔

Maybe to conquer the European market since Revell kits might be cheaper there than Academy, Hasegawa, GWH

Likewise, but unfortunately superlative Rafale tooling was done by ACE of S.Korea in partial CAD, can  it be after 23 years useful as basis

for updated Rafale kit don't know, have serious doubts. New tooled Rafale in 72nd scale would be no brainer for any company.

• Like 1

New tooled Rafale in 1/32 scale would be very welcome by this modeler. One of the best looking fighters around. Rumor has it Kittyhawk will make one but we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Why is it literally impossible for anyone to announce a new kit without a lot of whining immediately afterwards that they should have done something completely different?

If you don't want to buy a newly announced subject, you don't have to buy it. The only people who are owed anything by the manufacturer are those who buy the kit.

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3

Sorry guys, but I don't agree with naysayers, I'm with 'Work in Progress'.  A while ago you could find the 48th Revell F-15E at Hobby Lobby or Michael's here in the USA for anywhere from $29 to $39.  Now they are running in the $50 range. A US boxing of a Revell AG kit in 72nd would be way less expensive than an Academy, Hobby Boss, or Great Wall kit.  I know the hype about the different Asian kits of the "Mud Hen" but if this gets us closer to a "True" F-15A/B/C/D as well as an 'E' in 72nd from Revell AG, I'm all for it.  The 48th F-15E is one of their nicest kits Revell's done, even though its been around for a few years.  You can nitpick any kit to death but the question is does it look like what it's supposed to be and the Revell Strike Eagle looks it.  Sign me up for a half dozen or more.  My only question is will you be able to build an F-15EX out of the kit?  I believe that most of the mods are internal so it may be possible.  Here's hoping...

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Why is it literally impossible for anyone to announce a new kit without a lot of whining immediately afterwards that they should have done something completely different?

If you don't want to buy a newly announced subject, you don't have to buy it. The only people who are owed anything by the manufacturer are those who buy the kit.

This. A thousand times this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can we start a new game of New Tool Bingo?

If you spot any of these three comments in a line....

Wrong Scale

Wrong Manufacturer

Wrong Variant

Wrong Markings

Not Another [insert type here]
[insert type here] doesn’t make money for [insert manufacturer here]
[insert manufacturer here] would do a better job

Will there be any aftermarket 

To expensive

Too detailled

Not detailed enough

Shout ‘HOUSE’! 😃

TT

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Wrong Scale

Wrong Manufacturer

Wrong Variant

Wrong Markings

To expensive

Too detailled

Not detailed enough

Shout ‘HOUSE’! 😃

TT

I'm copying & pasting that for use at the next opportunity!

HOUSE! 

😆

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Superb!

However, you forgot :-

Why another

(insert) when modellers (meaning me and a few others) are screaming out for (insert)

We all know that if produced, ( insert) would be a sure fire best seller (meaning I'd buy it)

It's the (insert) anniversary of (insert) this year. A great opportunity for them to produce (insert)

😉😂

John

Splendid John, add em to the scorecard.

Dibbers READY!

and cue the theme tune...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Wrong Scale

Wrong Manufacturer

Wrong Variant

Wrong Markings

To expensive

Too detailled

Not detailed enough

Shout ‘HOUSE’! 😃

TT

Wrong Scale

It's in 1/72 so I'm fine

Wrong Manufacturer

Revell in last years dropped their attention to the stencils, so yeah sometimes it is the wrong manufacturer especially if I have to drop 20€ for a decent decal set

Wrong Variant

The F-15 for me is the king of the plain and gray aircrafts, even if I exclusively built Ace Combat, Area88 and random game aircrafts, finding some pleasing camouflage for it it's getting hard, I have plans to build 16 F-15s, only Garuda will sadly sport that stupid gunship gray camouflage

Wrong Markings

As long they have usable stencils I don't care

I'm still waiting for SMT/D STOL, , SG/SE whatever, Spam Eagle and Silent Eagle variants to be released, either by resin or by someone else

As for now I only own a single GWH kit and guess what? It's the F-15E cause I was planning to fix Hasegawa Eagles by stealing parts from it

As long they don't bait and switch like many others do I'm fine, but I think that Revell will probably forget about a proper A variant anyway, or make an A~ish variant by using museum samples which are poisoned by the ineptitude of their own curators

Isn't there?

To expensive

Auctions

Too detailled

Have enough sandpaper to dig through a mountain

Not detailed enough

Just paint it as a G1 aircraft and give it to your son

:P

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Spoke a lot!

We will be more specific in our analysis.

If the new set of Revell rescaled their model at 48th ... how competitive would it be against other manufacturers  at 72nd scale?

B.R.

Serge

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, Beermonster1958 said:

I think half the fun is actually reading all the whining, whinging comments,some of them verging on the apoplectic!

John

Hear, hear!

I also like reading comments with constructive (and non-constructive) arguments, on whether a company should produce another new mold of a popular aircraft, in any scale.

Do we need another 1/72 F-15? Well, if it is more accurate than the ones already available on the market, or, if it is cheaper, and if you don't need to buy some (a bunch, actually!!!) aftermarket sets to improve it then, yes, we do need it.

I know, aftermarket sets are (for some, including myself) half the fan of scale modelling but, it doesn't hurt once in a while to build a quality kit out of the box.

Edited by Shalako
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, wombat said:

We don’t need no MD Eagle

We don’t need it in that scale

No aftermarket and no decals

Revell, leave those kits alone

Hey!

Revell

Leave those kits alone 

All in all, you're just another kit we don't need!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4