Meng 1/35 M4A3 Sherman

Andy J

4 hours ago, M3talpig said:

He beat me too itΒ :cwl::cwl::cwl:

I expected Ant and Dec to hit me with both barrels but now you as well. I fear this build will be remembered specifically for the detail of the wheels or lack of it , when I catch up with Paddington he's getting a slap πŸ™„

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I fear this build will be remembered specifically for the detail of the wheels or lack of it

Nah, I don't think so... If you do what you've done on the last 2 builds I'd say all is forgotten in the endΒ πŸ™‚Β 

• Like 1

Just now, JeroenS said:

Nah, I don't think so... If you do what you've done on the last 2 builds I'd say all is forgotten in the endΒ πŸ™‚Β 

Thanks Jeroen, I've removed the €20 commission from the Peterbilt πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„πŸ‘

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Jeroen, I've removed the €20 commission from the Peterbilt πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„πŸ‘

Ah thanks... you did deserve it though πŸ˜‰Β 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Β 

So, Andy charges for β€œServices Rendered β€œ then ?? :D

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I have to admit, he was in very good form, nicking an e-Bay (UK)Β bid for me in the buzzer πŸ™‚Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

See there you go showing off again πŸ™„Β 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

I expected Ant and Dec to hit me with both barrels but now you as well. I fear this build will be remembered specifically for the detail of the wheels or lack of it , when I catch up with Paddington he's getting a slap πŸ™„

Ant and Dec, Laurel and Hardy, shame on the little fella and it's set in on one so young...

Β 

Good job he named hisΒ feedΒ after himself, do they give you a badge with your name and address on too when you get dropped off at "work".

Β 

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Now stop messing and get on with the rivets and tracks, unless of course you have more "pressing activities" to attend to....πŸ˜‰

Β 

Β 

• Haha 3

So the latest update on the Sherman and I've fitted the upper hull in place and given it a coat of black primer. I've left off the tools etc so I can paint them easily and fit them to the hull later on. I've started work on the turret and hopefully should have this completed and in position soon.Β 

Β 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Β 

So more steady progress and I'm happy with the results so far. Thanks for looking back soon πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

This is all looking very familiar.... and rather neat too!

Β 

Now stop messing around! πŸ˜‰

You know me too well already Darryl there's certainly no pulling the wool over your eyes mate πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• Haha 2

Looking good Andy, sorry if I missed it, but what primer are you using - Mr Surfacer? Looks very smooth.

Β 

Nearly threw the Hasegawa Ferrari 348 that's been "in progress" for months against the wall earlier - worst fitting kit I've built for years. Knew I should have carried on with the Jagdpanther instead...!! :)

Β 

K

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Looking good Andy, sorry if I missed it, but what primer are you using - Mr Surfacer? Looks very smooth.

Β 

Nearly threw the Hasegawa Ferrari 348 that's been "in progress" for months against the wall earlier - worst fitting kit I've built for years. Knew I should have carried on with the Jagdpanther instead...!! :)

Β 

K

Hi Keith, yes the ever faithful mr surfacer 1500 a brilliant primer. Yep time to leave the cars behind mate and move into the world of armour, I'm loving it even if I've had to cover myself with Zimmerit to repel all the banter I'm receiving πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Yep time to leave the cars behind mate and move into the world of armour,

Β 

Nah you know me Andy, attention span of a goldfish, just can't stick to one thing!

Β 

Glad you're enjoying your modelling again though!

Β 

10 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I'm loving it even if I've had to cover myself with Zimmerit to repel all the banter I'm receiving

Β 

Brilliant!! 🀣

Β 

K

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Very nice and tidy work, Andy !! ;)

Β 

Β 

Thanks Lee im looking forward to seeing the turret in position then I have a decision to make, do I continue with the painting process or start building the tracks πŸ€”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Lee im looking forward to seeing the turret in position then I have a decision to make, do I continue with the painting process or start building the tracks πŸ€”

Stop putting it off and do those tracks....they might look intimidating but there not...you'll get them done in no time at all then you get to do the fun partΒ :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, edjbartos said:

It’s looking really good Andy, your doing a good job mate, looking forward to seeing it progress

Β 

Ed

Thanks Ed im happy with the progress so far πŸ‘

1 minute ago, M3talpig said:

Stop putting it off and do those tracks....they might look intimidating but there not...you'll get them done in no time at all then you get to do the fun partΒ :D

yeah I think your right Steve, once everything is primed it's track time πŸ™„πŸ‘

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Or, he’ll go Slooowly mad...

Β 

One

Β 

Piece

Β 

at

Β 

a

Β 

Time....

Β