New Flying Legends home

Red Dot

Flying Legands will now be held at Sywell Airfield (on 10/11 July next year).

Great news as it is 30 minutes from home and superb for photos 🙂

Andy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dov said:

They change from Duxford away? Why? Any guess)

It’s been moved from Duxford by the Flying Legends Team for financial reasons. As I understand it, the Duxford Management team wanted more money to host the event. 

Yes, I understand.

Since we were there over many years during their Airshows, I know about this particular group and their a/c.

This what is a financial reason is understandable.

As a person who has understanding as a technician for this old warbirds, I see something else in the air. Can be assured that the high level of safety can be obtained at the new airfield? The a/c need much attention and sometimes maintenance overnight. Do they have the resources over there to maintain all this?

Does FL have the money to transfer all this equipment and men? Even during training time? I assume not at all. The equipment will be at Duxford. Machines at the new airfield. So what will logically happen, is a reduction on safety.

On the other side you have to think, if they have hangar space for the silver wings? Or all the other valuable warbirds.

As I see, it is the economic pressure for Duxford & FL. I am sorry, but I see that any reduction in safety will have two looser, and we all would cry!

Maybe I am wrong. I hope for it!

Happy modelling