🇺🇸 United Airbus A320-232 in 1/144

Here is my finished Zvezda Airbus A320-232 in the new colours of United Airlines registration N486UA in 1/144 scale.

The kit was OOB with the aftermarket decals from RichW and the detailing A320 set from Authentic Airlines. The Zvezda Kit speaks for itself, it comes with the option to have the flaps and slats extended or retracted, as is the option I went for. Something I learnt making this kit is that the United A320 doesn’t have the coroguard sections on the wings. Paints used were Holts Grey for the Wings and Stabilisers, Halfords Appliance White for the fuselage and a blended version of Revell 54. The metals are a mix of Revell Aqua colours. 

The decals again are excellent, and I highly recommend them. This was the first time I’d tried the AA Detail sheet and I have to say I was very impressed, it just helps to add that extra bit of realism to the build. I have the 737 sheet for my Ryanair B738 that I’m working on, so I look forward to seeing how that one turns out. I also replaced the Grass on my Runway baseboard, and I am happy with the way it has helped to resemble actual grass as apposed to the ‘flat’ sheet grass I had before (Jet2 B738 build).

As always thank you for looking and any feedback/comments are always greatly received.

Alistair 

50574656093_761136b70d_b.jpg 50574656088_a885026ee2_b.jpg 50574656058_d09a5daa01_b.jpg 50575393031_b125c9c235_b.jpg 50575392546_81c483388f_b.jpg 50574656063_2968b4be2c_b.jpg 50575528287_163664ffb7_b.jpg 50574656588_56161bf012_b.jpg 50575392571_604a69c269_b.jpg 50575528742_e944c01853_b.jpg

• Like 38

18 minutes ago, Viking said:

That is a lovely little 320, and a very neat base plate to pose it on.

Cheers

John

Yes, it is!

• Thanks 1

Hi Alistair,

Nice 'bus!

I quite like this livery now but it has had to grow on me.

Good to hear you were impressed with the detail decal I haven't got any of Werner's new detail sheets yet. Don't forget the natural metal fin leading edge, it's on the sheet!

The grass is an improvement, is it a mat or did you sprinkle flock over wet gloss paint? I didn't know United operated their A320s into Gatwick🤣

What's next?

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

Hi Alistair

Nearly missed this. I've already commented on Facebook and I didn't realise your lovely A320 was also in RFI.

The Zvezda model really looks the business in the cool, crisp United livery but personally I can't be bothered with separate flaps, open doors and other gimmicks. Congratulations on getting such a good result with everything retracted which I suspect is more difficult than building with flaps extended. I have 13 Revell A320s in the stash so it will be some time before the question of buying Zvezda arises for me!

I like the subtle variation of shades on the spoilers. Is that done with the AA decals?  It's also good to see RichW's decals in use - I've just ordered a couple of sheets from him and I hope I get as good a result as you when I come to use them.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

On 07/11/2020 at 12:52, Viking said:

That is a lovely little 320, and a very neat base plate to pose it on.

Cheers

John

Thank you for your kind feedback John 😃.

Alistair

On 07/11/2020 at 13:46, Abandoned Project said:

Nice A320.

Like the runway base but prefer your apron. Having said that, they both look good.

Thank you mate for your kind feedback 😃

On 07/11/2020 at 18:50, Turbofan said:

Hi Alistair,

Nice 'bus!

I quite like this livery now but it has had to grow on me.

Good to hear you were impressed with the detail decal I haven't got any of Werner's new detail sheets yet. Don't forget the natural metal fin leading edge, it's on the sheet!

The grass is an improvement, is it a mat or did you sprinkle flock over wet gloss paint? I didn't know United operated their A320s into Gatwick🤣

What's next?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian

I agree, it has had to grow on me too, as I was always a fan of the hybrid continental livery. They are very good sheets, and I hope they are released for more model variants in the future. Thank you for the comment about the grass, this is a sheet that was cut to fit the areas. I definitely think it’s a much better look than the previous grass I did have. Haha... no they don’t, I think this one must be lost or on lease 😂! I am currently working on a B777-200F in Korean colours, a few classic B737s and need to get round to finishing that Qatar B772LR. What about you?
Take care,

Alistair

On 11/11/2020 at 16:12, busnproplinerfan said:

I like it, I see the tower is having it taxi off into the grass for a field take off. :)

Haha... it does look like that you’re right 😂!

On 14/11/2020 at 22:30, Stinger 9 said:

Absolutely brilliant. Well done

Thank you 😃

On 14/11/2020 at 22:40, Cessna said:

Very niceee!!!

Thank you 👍🏻

Hi Alistair;

Quite nice work, as one has come to expect from your workbench! Really like this Airbus kit from Zvezda...they got it right! But more importantly...so did you! The display base is really impressive, too. The work you’ve done to make the bases so realistic is eye catching in just the correct way...enhancing the model, not dominating the photos. Thanks for sharing! Nice work indeed! :yes:

Paul