NIVO as upper deck color

SilverWings

I apologize for the NOOB question but have not been able to locate answer in searches here or RAF directives.

With the exception of the Bristol Bulldog, was NIVO used for anti-glare on the upper decking of any other silver aircraft?  I have seen photos of Fairey III.F and other single-engined aircraft that look more like NIVO than black.

It's green I believe, Armstrong Whitworth Siskin very similar as an example! There are a couple of other aircraft that have black uppers such as the Fairey III, Bristol 138, Westland Wallace etc and as far as I know it was often used on FAA aircraft such as the Blackburn Shark etc. 

• Thanks 1

Yes for the Siskin, as that;s what I did on my Matchbox kit! Some Siskins had the upper cowling from the windscreen to the firewall in NIVO, and others had the NIVO extended down the sides of the cowling as well as a small segment behind the cockpit.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. 
sounds like Siskin & Bulldog in NIVO. Others in black. 
I know that at least a few group leader FAA aircraft had upper decks in the squadron color, but some photos of III.F seem to show a lighter (NIVO?) color. Was there any experimentation?