Eduard Fokker DVII

Andwil

No idea how I have managed to miss this, but she's looking wonderful.

This looks like a pretty good kit too.

I have already built a D.VII so am unlikely to build another, and I did the MAC kit. If this had been available then it would have been the go-to choice, no question!

Ian

• Thanks 1

Rigging.  One of the attractions of the DVII (and the DrI) is that there is very little of it compared to most WWI types.  I started with the tail planes bracing wires.  I use smoke coloured invisible mending thread.  A length of this is threaded through pre-drilled holes in the fin and tail planes and secured with a small drop of CA:

50636612286_2d36038a07_b.jpg

when this has set the wires are carefully pulled tight, small bulldog clips attached to maintain the tension and the wires secured to the tail planes with small drops of CA:

50636694462_daf39bf629_b.jpg

The undercarriage bracing is treated similarly:

50635861348_430a06f0a2_b.jpg

threading very fine thread through tiny holes in a black model is great fun!

This will be left to cure overnight, then the wires will be trimmed off with a sharp blade and the undersides touched up.

Thanks for looking.

AW

• Like 5

Last few bits and pieces done.  The pilot’s boarding step and the two ground handling handles fixed in place and given a spot of German grey-green.  I had to use the plastic step as the PE one pinged off never to be seen again.  Finally the wheels and prop were attached and it’s finished:

50643287883_d16006aa04_b.jpg

More photos in RFI shortly.

Thanks for looking and special thanks for those who made encouraging comments!

AW

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Paul J said:

Liked this.  I have got one and in time I will get on and build it after being inspired with your build.

Build it!  It’s a beautiful kit and possibly the easiest biplane I have ever built.  I have several more in the stash so I can do a few more of the fabulous colour schemes carried by these planes.

AW

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andwil said:

Build it!  It’s a beautiful kit and possibly the easiest biplane I have ever built.  I have several more in the stash so I can do a few more of the fabulous colour schemes carried by these planes.

AW

After my present build of a Hurricane =, I probably will make a go of it next....

• 2 weeks later...