LTV A-7H Corsair II - Fujimi 1/72

Hello everyone, 

This is my first post to Britmodeller. I have chosen to present a model I completed last year. It was an A-7E that I converted to A-7H of the Hellenic Air Force and specifically of the 336th Squadron "Olympus". I used Humbrol enamels for the typical SEA camouflage and the cockpit was the AIRES A-7E early cockpit that I managed to copy (I have quite a few A-7s in stock ;)).

The wheels are also resin copies of the Italeri A-7D kit. The weapon load is a typical readiness configuration in the HAF and consists of 5 Mk84 general purpose bombs, 2 AIM-9P and one external fuel tank. All decals except roundels are homemade (printed on decal with laser printer) and RBFs are made from aluminium foil. I hope you like it!

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And a few on the small base I made.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Take care everyone!

Edited by Kentavros76
  • Like 44

Superb A-7H! The level of detail on this is awesome. It's all very very good but I especially like the overall finish, and those tiny cords holding the Sidewinder noddy caps in place. A top quality first post.

Greek A-7's and Greek AF aircraft in general are amongst my favourite subjects. I have a number of 1/72 aircraft in my stash which are destined to be finished as Greek Air Force examples. A-7, F-4, F-84, F-102 and F-5.

Welcome!

Terry

Thank you all for your very kind and encouraging comments! 

Terry I would be happy to assist you with photographic material (new and vintage) if you ever need something for your HAF models!:like:

4 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

Simply superb! Great detail, excellent finish and weathering ... and very nice photography too.  Well done Sir

Agree! You've captured the Hellenic A-7 perfectly.

• Thanks 1

This is an outstanding Sluff weathered and completed to perfection.  I look forward to more pictures of the future models you share with us.  Excellent results!!!!!!  :goodjob:

Mike

• Thanks 1