***finished***A Shack is back

PhantomBigStu

Got a few GB stragglers and a lot of GB entries outstanding but think this in could be squeezed in for this over the winter, bit of symmetry as the built is meant to replace the one I did in the 2018 KUTA that had a very sad accident, started this last March, other stuff took it over, came out in the summer to do with a Dakota but that never got to sanding/painting stage so went away to be forgotten about till now 

50573282242_b3ceb7d59c_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking much better after some work, paint doesn’t match the rest of the fuselage as it’s now a fresh pot of humbrol 164. Will order a couple of xtracrylix, should be enough to cover the fuselage and wings, though be a few days, waiting on eBay for other builds as to the total paint order 

50827261338_ae38de5639_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hoped to get it decal ready by now, but paid for my error to not mix two pots of dark sea grey into one, colour shifted twice. Now going to order another couple of pots and mix them just to make sure, really should have known better, not like I haven't done large uniform builds before and had this very problem 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow this was cursed. Had it decal ready twice before first dropping it moving it to the otherwise of the room then a few days later having repaired it the darn cordless vacuum cleaner fell over and knocked it off the table. Fortunately escaped serious damage and now it’s almost there for a third time, just the rear transparency to fit. 

50958848056_84bc63919d_b.jpg

• Like 2

Had a crushing blow, turns out 5/6 weeks ago in my excitement to fit the replacement parts I’ve fitted them the wrong way round. No way I’m risking trying to correct that so I’ll have to take it on the chin, so it’s now actually decal ready finally, now which of the 4 options in the airfix and revell kits do I go with? 

50966765903_66236fd266_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• 2 weeks later...

Delayed as I discovered I’d lost the wingtip light parts and had to replace them with miliput which after leaving for a few days to harden I found I hadn’t mixed it properly so has to try again, that time it harden and now it’s all sanded and repainted. Will start Matt varnishing tommorow. 

51014108166_61d298bf91_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***finished***A Shack is back
10 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Great result on that, really must build my one at some point....

It’s a good kit, can’t think of any problem that didn’t stem from my own incompetence, though obviously there’s the massive issue that it isn’t a v-bomber, cheers anyway, should have it RFI before brunch today :) 

Edited by PhantomBigStu