Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

23 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I had the same at about the same time, after first having a "this is an unsafe site" type message, then I got the 403 forbidden so wondered if I hadn't walked in on an upgrade happening, OK now obviously.

Steve.

Was a pain yesterday (Monday) with numerous 403 & 500 series messages. As stevehnz said also got an "unsafe site" warning from Firefox. Knowing otherwise used advanced options to bypass the warning (not always advisable, but I can trust Britmodeller can't I...) only to be hit with a certificate error. Didn't manage to note the full reference but did see it contained  ' .server. ' at that stage I pulled out.

No issues today - must be the tablets!

• Like 1

I don't know if this is relevant @Mike, but just after getting the 500 msg, I was on my M51 thread, replying to a post. When I submitted it, the thread updated with it, but on the AFV WIP page, it didn't appear. And another thing that I've not seen before was that my reply when it appeared on my thread, was headed by "Unread replies". How can my post be an unread reply??

John.

And yet another 500 error from my Desktop using Chrome. Just went to the home page and tried to view the forum page and received the error, hit the back button and restarted the process again.

Fair to say that it's still happening then :( I've been fairly lucky so far and not had any other than that one.  I've got a "next step" from Support, so I need to follow that shortly. :)

• Like 5

We've stumbled upon a side-effect of the 500 errors that is a bit annoying.  If you're making a post and get a 500 error, it's possible that it won't appear in the forum listing afterwards.  If that happens, go back to it by hitting your browser's BACK button the correct number of times, and make another post in the thread.  That should then complete the new post listing, and return the thread to visibility at the top of the list.  I'm going to tell Invision about this, as it may be a clue as to when and why the issue occurs. :hmmm:

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

We've stumbled upon a side-effect of the 500 errors that is a bit annoying.  If you're making a post and get a 500 error, it's possible that it won't appear in the forum listing afterwards.  If that happens, go back to it by hitting your browser's BACK button the correct number of times, and make another post in the thread.  That should then complete the new post listing, and return the thread to visibility at the top of the list.  I'm going to tell Invision about this, as it may be a clue as to when and why the issue occurs. :hmmm:

Not wanting to complicate matters further, but that’s what I did the time I got a 503 on posting, and it resulted in a double post...

best,

M.