Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

Had several today of this nature...

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neddy said:

Had several today of this nature...

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yes, that's he one that I'm getting now, as well as the usual "Existential" one.

John.

I must admit that I'm having issues with a lot of 503 errors and some DNS errors as well while trying to log onto the site at various times, has got worse since the update

Ian 

I got a a different 503 screen and DNS a few times during last night and I wasn't actively on BM at the time

I was logged in and the BM tab was open in the window but I was actively on other forums when I noticed that the wording in the BM tab had changed

I opened the BM tab, which was showing a 503,  got on to BM, went back to my other forums and a bit later the same happened

repeat above about 5 times over about a 2 hour time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The last week or two the number of all these odd arrors has gone up. Varies due to imponderables, usually only 5 or 6 a day, but yesterday I got 3 in two minutes. Not a problem of itself, just needs an extra key press (F5) to clear it, but what is increasingly irritating is that the times to load pages apparantly randomly go up and. The last week, up to 2 minutes to switch pages, this week hald a minute, seems more related to time of day than anything else but really could be anything. There's nothing similar affecting any other sites I visit.

Paul.

On 11/9/2022 at 6:13 PM, Stef N. said:

I'm on two Invision fora and they're both a bit of a pain at the moment. Are they updating their thingamijigs?

Hmmmz..  :hmmm:

Ditto to the above frequent error messages, and for the last few days the forum seems to be running very slow at times - at least 20 to 30 seconds and sometimes longer before it reacts to me clicking on a topic for example. Is the system getting overloaded for some reason?

Pete

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

The fancified quote links to other posts look to be IFrames-like that are mini-webpages of themselves.  Seeing as the 503 serverside errors are randomly showing up, it can happen with those as well.