Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

13 hours ago, Alan P said:

Can we change the wording on the 500 message? I never watch Antiques Roadshow and it's getting a bit annoying 🤔

My vote is to replace "Antiques Roadshow" with "Are You Being Served?" or "Yes, Minister."

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Alan P said:

Can we change the wording on the 500 message? I never watch Antiques Roadshow and it's getting a bit annoying 🤔

Hi

I suggest it says 

b0ll0cks 

cheers

jerry

( trying to bypass any language filter ) 

• Haha 1

Wow! The worst day for this in months! I've gotten at least 8 of these in a little over the hour that I've been going through the latest content from yesterday. 

For months now, I maybe get one, possibly two per day and a goodly number of days I didn't get one. 

Oh well! I guess the fan has rotated around in my direction and the :poop: has made contact with the blades.

Chris

• Sad 1

They are. I get them almost everytime I look at anything.

It's almost as annoying as having to 'allow cookies', about 5 billion times a day. Part of life, I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, something REALLY weird happened just now - I was updating my Habu WIP thread. I just pasted a picture link when the '500 server error' screen appeared inline with my post, plus a message saying 'the link could not be embedded due to a server error'. After a few seconds the thread post closed itself and I was kicked back out to the Work In Progress root screen. 

I'm used to the 500 error happening two or three times a day, but this is a new one!

I am still getting them maybe 1 in 20 to 30 times I first open the BM site but never anywhere else. However it seems many people never get it at all. As I have said, it doesn't look as though it can be fixed unless someone at GCHQ is a modeller and gets sick of it.

To be honest this has kept me off BM for some time - getting the error every time I tried to review content :( 

This morning I thought I'd try to sort it out so opened BM (which is always logged in) and the 'Content I Follow' search took ages, as usual, and then failed again with the 500 error.

Is this a database server issue I thought? Check the filters and it was looking for:

51750458478_b91726f871_z.jpg

I changed this to 'Past 90 days' and, once I'd cleared this:

51750458603_ee8ccfa944.jpg

It's much faster.

If I get the error again I'll let you know!

• 2 weeks later...

Its getting beyond a joke now.

Every 2nd time I change a page I'm getting this 500 now. Since last Friday.

eg. If I change from here to the 'Matchbox GB' I get the 500, back-page to here then try again then I get the page I'm after

Edited by Julien
  • Like 2

Something I noticed in the past but I thought I was seeing things but its been clearer this last few days.

My main page is 'View New Content'

To see the latest I click on the 'view new content' located next to the facebook thingy

Just before I get the refreshed page I get a flash of the 500 page. Its like for a microsecond but it happens, I can see it.

The more posts that I read about these 500 occurrences, the more it seems that people are treating it like covid when they say that they are learning to live with it. Well if that's the case, then let's hope that they come up with a vaccine for it soon.💉

John.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 9/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, Mike said:

We're still working on it with Support, but they don't seem to understand the concept of "random", and keep asking us how to replicate the issue.  I'm still banging my head against that brick wall though :tired:

I'm retired after a career in IT.

Support were always looking for a pattern or the ability to re-create the issue.

I've had the odd 500 error but today found I could consistently create the problem when I searched for the term 'f-15b' (without the apostrophes).

It doesn't seem to matter which page I search from either.

Ii hope this helps.

If this is irrelevant, please ignore.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...