Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

We're still working on it with Support, but they don't seem to understand the concept of "random", and keep asking us how to replicate the issue.  I'm still banging my head against that brick wall though :tired:

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, Mike said:

We're still working on it with Support, but they don't seem to understand the concept of "random", and keep asking us how to replicate the issue.  I'm still banging my head against that brick wall though :tired:

Hope you're wearing your lad's hard hat.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, Mike said:

but they don't seem to understand the concept of "random"

Hi Mike,

You might be able to take it beyond "random" soon. Definitely becoming more frequent. Not a big issue as, thankfully, never a repeat when having to do a page reload. Hopefully this statement doesn't turn into a famous last words.  

Ray

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Hi Mike,

You might be able to take it beyond "random" soon. Definitely becoming more frequent. Not a big issue as, thankfully, never a repeat when having to do a page reload. Hopefully this statement doesn't turn into a famous last words.  

Ray

I decided on the laughing reaction there, but the "thanks" one would have done too.  My brain hurts from all the headbanging, but we'll get there eventually.  Here in the north of the UK, I'm not getting many 500 errors, even though we've yet to get electricity or running water (apart from down the walls) here.  Eeeh bah gum, Ecky peck! :D

• Haha 4

On 9/4/2021 at 7:30 AM, Mike said:

There's no reproducer. It occurs when clicking on random links. Sometimes it's evident in viewing notifications or adding an emoticon as the operation doesn't complete.

As such, I've just learned to hit refresh for a page view and that usually fixes it. For notifications, I just hit the button twice, once to dismiss the window that never appeared and again to get the notifications. Emoticons are a bother as the only partially successful workaround is the back button to get off the page--sometimes I need to close the tab. 

HTH

-- 

dnl

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, Mike said:

We're still working on it with Support, but they don't seem to understand the concept of "random", and keep asking us how to replicate the issue. 

I am sure if one of them joined as an ordinary BM member they would soon see it. It's no great bother to me as a page refresh always fixes it but I reckon I get it about once per day on average - it is always the 500 error with the silly AR message. Maybe you need to do a poll of BM members to find out just how common it is and that would maybe let you know the likelihood of a Support guy getting it in an average session.

• Like 1

Not really a problem here on the East coast of Fife.  Get 500/503 error about once every two or three weeks - sometimes not for a month or so.  As far as I am aware 500 and 503 errors are generic failures - corrupted file or unavailable web server usually.

HTH

Dennis

20 minutes ago, sloegin57 said:

Not really a problem here on the East coast of Fife.  Get 500/503 error about once every two or three weeks - sometimes not for a month or so.  As far as I am aware 500 and 503 errors are generic failures - corrupted file or unavailable web server usually.

HTH

Dennis

Well, I'm also in Fife, but get around 3 or 4 errors a day. That said, not a problem, just hit F5.

Paul.

59 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

PC, up-to-date Win 10 and Firefox.

Paul.

Interesting - I'm macOS High Sierra v 10.13.6 - quite old.  

May be significant/relevant, but there again, may not be.  But if it helps Mike.......

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Mike.  The server sprang an Error 500 on me just now.  Also, despite me posting some updates on my build thread, it's not showing up in the topic listing.  Admittedly it's not a very exciting read, but I did hope people might answer a couple of queries I put in my last post :).  Thread in question: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235099702-kp-models-172-dh88-comet/.  Other people's updates are showing with no probs, seems to just be me.  Using Edge on Windows 10, but same story after clearing the cache and trying Chrome.

Cheers,

Andy

7 hours ago, aharris57 said:

it's not showing up in the topic listing.

I've just done a cheeky little edit, which should return it to the listing, so have a look and let me know :) If it ever happens again, that usually does the trick :yes:

• Like 1