Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

On 12/10/2020 at 9:02 PM, Vinnie said:

so I can take my tin foil helmet off. 😟 

No, No!! Keep it on for goodness sake! If you remove it, the silver lizards can hear ALL your thoughts! Even (particularly) the naughty ones...

Chris. 

• Haha 2

Still getting a 500 error at least twice a day, usually when coming back to the site after a break if the browser is still open. Refresh always clears it but it's still a mystery...

3 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Where are Invision based?

We think it's not Invision at this stage, as it has persisted through several updates, and a 500 error is mroe of a server thing.

We've had an upgrade to some of the server-side software carried out and allocated more memory to some things, with the hope that it'll help reduce or even stop the 500s.  Fingers crossed :pray:

16 hours ago, Mike said:

We think it's not Invision at this stage, as it has persisted through several updates, and a 500 error is mroe of a server thing.

We've had an upgrade to some of the server-side software carried out and allocated more memory to some things, with the hope that it'll help reduce or even stop the 500s.  Fingers crossed :pray:

nope, still getting the 500 errors

4 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

nope, still getting the 500 errors

Yeah, me too. :(

3 hours ago, sloegin57 said:

Just had this when I clicked on the tread link in Safari Mike - may be nothing - maybe something

spacer.png

Dennis

Just looks like you got a picture from that thread.  Don't think it's anything to do with the errors. :hmmm:

• Like 1

The glitch in the matrix was caused by a clash between a patch and a server update.  That's been reset now so the patch works.  Let's see if the patch has any effect.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

The glitch in the matrix was caused by a clash between a patch and a server update.  That's been reset now so the patch works.  Let's see if the patch has any effect.

Unfortunately not here.

Mike

On 8/18/2021 at 1:30 AM, Mike said:

Nope, still getting numerous errors. 🤬

8 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Nope, still getting numerous errors. 🤬

Easy now Mick.  Support are having trouble tracking it down still.  It's frustrating, but an F5/Refresh is the solution, or if you're making a new topic or post, just go back to the Home/VNC page and you'll see the post/thread was successful before it went 500.  Yes, it's a pain, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a little one.  We'll get there eventually :yes:

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

Easy now Mick.  Support are having trouble tracking it down still.  It's frustrating, but an F5/Refresh is the solution, or if you're making a new topic or post, just go back to the Home/VNC page and you'll see the post/thread was successful before it went 500.  Yes, it's a pain, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a little one.  We'll get there eventually :yes:

It's like 5ft. tall magistrates..........one of those little things sent to try us.:giggle:

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Along with the 500/503 messages, some pages are either very, very slow to load or won’t open at all. This started happening yesterday (20th August) and has been getting worse all day.

I had exactly the same yesterday. RRPITA.

John.

I have noticed the 'Existential Crisis' message is now beginning to pop up when the page has already been found and loaded. Previously, it went to that message before getting to the page.

Ray