Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

Sudden increase in frequency of 500 errors since yesterday, maybe 1 in 10 clicks or more 😔 using Android 11 with Chrome 90. Seems to occur on selections from the home screen after using the Back button.

I seem to get 500 Existential Crisis errors if I use the forum for a while (iPad). No great worry as it resets easily enough. Just an annoyance.

I've had several 500 errors on both desktop and android phone today. Is it ever going to stop and nothing is seemingly being done to rectify this problem that nearly everyone here on BM experiences these constant errors ? 

Just clicked on the home button and received yet another bloody 500 error. Where is the help when its needed ?

Edited by Mick4350

On 6/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, Mick4350 said:

Where is the help when its needed ?

Finding this particular gremlin is not that easy. 
It does seem to occur more on higher-latency connections, so I can understand the irritation. 

All part of the joy of using Internet tech I guess... 1st world problems. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting them occasionally, maybe every third or fourth time I open BM - always the same screen with the silly Antiques Roadshow reference. I would call it merely a minor annoyance but it is interesting that it is so difficult to track down and eiminate.

• Like 1

The frequency of that daft "Existential Crisis" 500 what ever is now appearing every time the search function is tried making it unusable. Also the frequency of this notice coming up whenever you move to another page is increasing to the point where the site is almost unusable, any more and will have repetitive strain injury hitting the refresh icon.

Oddly I can see that some folk are having real issues with this cropping up regularly.  I dont think I have ever had it on my pc at all and only infrequently on my mobile - certainly the two are different.  I quick "refresh page" restores normal service.

35 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Oddly I can see that some folk are having real issues with this cropping up regularly.  I dont think I have ever had it on my pc at all and only infrequently on my mobile - certainly the two are different.  I quick "refresh page" restores normal service.

Same here. I might see it a couple of times a week, some weeks not at all:hmmm:

28 minutes ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Just experienced my first 500 error... do I win a prize? 😀

Yes. You will now get more of the 500's more often. Enjoy!

Chris

• Haha 4

Hi

getting the 500 errors occasionally

and get issues posting replies to threads

keeps getting stuck on  'saving ' 

on wifi or on cell data connections 

cheers

jerry