Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

3 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Jeebus Crunch! You had me in a near panic! I almost reached for the rum, to calm myself. An hour with no Britmodeller!

I'm okay now. My blood pressure and heart rate have dropped down to normal levels.

I may need a nap when I'm done here.

Chris

Chill, Chris. Treat yourself to the rum, maybe topped up with some ginger wine.:D

Cleared my cache earlier today and when I tried to log back in was given a 503 error and then just more than a dozen 500 errors in the next half hour or so. Eventually gave up trying and headed to the BM Facebook page to see if anything was wrong with the site, but it mentioned nothing about the outage.

• 2 weeks later...

I get this quite a bit too, mainly when I click 'Home'. The most annoying (relatively!) time though is when I click on 'unread posts' for a topic and then the 503 comes up and then when you go back to that topic it shows as all read and you have to find the last post you had seen. As I said though, it is all relative, there are worse things around.

The way I look at is that it is the same as talking to anyone at home: I say something, get 'pardon?' as a reply, and have to say it again!

Ray

Just had two 503s in quick succession, both returning the 'Content I follow'…

@Mike people are still religiously posting here - any news on resolving the problem? It's been irritating since November :( 

It has been irritating, and my last attempt to fix it didn't work :( I've got to get it sorted, but today I'm totally goosed from making a couple of shelves yesterday :shrug: My brain is about as wobbly as a bucket of wobbly jelly today :tired:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

already had a few today and it's not even 11 😬 get those server hamsters back on their wheels

I went to read this message and promptly received a 503 error on the desktop. Grrr !

• Haha 1