Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

Here's a new one. I put an entry into four word story. The changed my mind and went back to edit it.

Did the edit, pressed save and got a message that the entry was too old to edit. Then it did it anyway!

Weird.

You know I just received another 503 error after hitting the home button after reading " Politics, a reminder ", as it has been a couple of days without the error message.

I'm still getting these

Rather like income tax now

They happen, they can't be avoided, they're a nuisance, they won't go away, they wont be ignored, but with care they can be evaded

• Like 1

Just had another 503 error after pressing the back button 3x to return to the main forum page having read the 'No Politics' posting.

More telling may be that having logged off the forum over Christmas to do some PC maintenance on the laptop I was unable to sign back in. With my account locked I requested a password reset & when submitting the new password, from the desktop, received a 503 access error. Unsure as to if the reset had worked returned to the reset page and tried again to be told I wasn't awaiting a password reset. Returning to the laptop & trying to log in I was again confronted by a locked account.

In all cases and the notification screens were only briefly visible before the screens reverted to the main forum page.

Not sure if this will be helpful in tracking down the issues, but, over the last two days or so I've seen an error (That seems to be the same issue as noted in this thread) crop up in a constant, repeatable way. Each time I do a search of the forum it sits and thinks for a bit and then coughs up the following:

"Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

As I said, this occurs every time I attempt a search. (Not complaining here, just wanted to share what I am seeing since in reading through the thread I didn't see anyone else mention problems with "search".)

Matt

Interesting new form of 503. I linked to my second Airfix Victor build on the Airfix 2021 thread and that showed up as a 503 error when I posted the comment. Just the embedded link, I have it screenshotted so can attach that here if needed

Just visited BM a minute ago and read this page and hit the back button and received yet another 503 error and hit the back button and ended up on the home page.12.24 AEST.