Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

3 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

And a 503 immediately while logging on this morning.

Me too.  I've not had much chance to do any detective work this last few days, as I've been doing family related stuff that really couldn't be avoided :shrug: I've been doing a fair bit of driving too, which always knackers me out for a few days after :tired:

I'll get back to it shortly - hopefully this afternoon with luck.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Mike, it's an irritation rather than a problem, do you still want them logged?

Best had, as if nothing else, it's a reminder for me to keep mithering people :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike said:

Best had, as if nothing else, it's a reminder for me to keep mithering people :)

"Mithering".  Thats a good word.  So is "skunered" - thats also a good word.  As is "Intermittent" so long as you don't use it too often.

:coat:

• Haha 3

Plot twist!

@Redstaff 's post did not show in the last update on this topic (which of course is now updated by me posting here)..

But - screenshot with two windows open:

y4m9WKcd1Q4dQ7Ogapv_GxK-NeOM-KuWNVwQ6zUF

@Mike : It looks like these 503s are somehow related to database interaction, either due to a limit on a number of threads the DB handles, or asyncronous processing in the website code interacting with the DB when switching between views.

Which would also explain people raising the issue of posts not appearing, or posts without updated 'last posted' like here.

Hope this helps the techs behind the scenes more!

• Like 3

...either that or it's crashing/pausing during an interaction with one of the tables.  As I mentioned elsewhere, I've not had too much time to devote to this for the last few days, but our request has been kicked even further up the support ladder for looking into.  Hopefully we should get something back from them soon.  In the meantime, thanks for your patience, and to those of you supplying info and insights, :yes:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

ILJSxgs.png

Just had this one, appeared when pressing the browser Back button after viewing the photography forum.(Chrome on Android). First time after a few days of no occurrences 🥺

Alan

Viewing the forum no problem but 503 showing on the small tab on desktop which you click to open the forum.

Went back into the forum desktop tab has now cleared !

Edited by T-21

I just got a 503 service unavailable. going from four word story back to view new content.

It's Christmas day, how much quieter could the forum get? So it can't be because it's busy.

EDIT

And now this entry doesn't show up on view new content. Is it sulking?

EDIT

And then when I went to view new content it was there. With another entry after mine.

That was in four word story. So I went there, put another entry in. Back to view new content.

My new entry is there but the previous one has vanished. 

Is view new content the cause of all this?