Intermittent 'Server Unavailable' Message - incorporating 500 & 503 Errors

Mods I've been getting this message intermittently for the last week:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If I click refresh I get the page I wanted so just reporting an irritant :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, it's a new bug we've discovered, and I'm currently talking to support about it. Might have some results shortly, but you never can tell ;)

In the meantime, just hit refresh as you've been doing so far :yes:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Whoooo .... Thought I was the only one, ive just been recycling my screen which seems to take care of it temporarily. 

It's not just limited to here, Tried to log into HLJ about an hour ago and got the 503 and have also had the same message several times this week on other sites.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Yeah, it's a new bug we've discovered, and I'm currently talking to support about it. Might have some results shortly, but you never can tell ;)

In the meantime, just hit refresh as you've been doing so far :yes:

Thanks Mike - glad it's not just me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks Mike - glad it's not just me!

No it’s not, but I’m starting to think I missed an opportunity to mess with your head a bit :wicked:

• Haha 8

I've been getting this message over the past couple of days

Sorry, there was an error loading more activity.

This happens when I hit the Load More Activity button on the View New Content option. Running IOS 10.15.7 and Safari on an iMac.

Have to refresh the screen to get it to clear. This seems to take me back to the last time I access the site so have to hit View New Content to get the latest posts.

Not sure if this has been reported previously but though I'd send the details.

If any more info required please let me know.

P

It's a very transient issue, and I don't seem to get it more than once a day so far, despite my connection to the server being a standard FTTP internet. it might be a bit faster than some of you are getting, which may be having an effect, but I'm sure I'm not the only one with fibre to the premises. :hmmm:

If anyone's getting it a LOT and has a slow internet, could you pipe up in here please?  Slow these days would be anything less than 4-6mbps for our porpoises :)

• Like 1

On 06/11/2020 at 10:00, Mike said:

No it’s not, but I’m starting to think I missed an opportunity to mess with your head a bit :wicked:

Aw don't fret Mike I am sure we can find odd ways to do that anyway.

:headbang:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, PDH said:

Several 503's today!

Not slow internet - got FTTP at 75mbps

P

Getting the same as PDH in Devon Mike, and at the same FTTP speed, here in Eastern Scotland :-

spacer.png

Dennis 

PS 14.11hrs - just noticed that you have two threads running about the same 503 thingy - one in Forum update and one in Help and support.

It's weirdly patchy the way it seem to happen.  I'm still talking to Support, but I'm not able to give it my full attention as I'd like to, as there's so much other stuff going on here and back in the real world.  I will get it sorted though, but please bear with me :yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Hi Mike,

For the record I have had this 4 times today, together with numerous messages saying I can't "like" any more posts today (though I still can intermittrently) and one saying I could not edit a post I had made less than an hour earlier because it was "out of date". Is the server perhaps getting overstressed a little because of the number of very active GB? Probably something entirely different but back in the days when I worked in a bank, our computer system started getting erratic and doing silly things like giving you somebody else's balance, just before it crashed.

Keep up the good work!

Pete

Edited by PeterB

I've had these since they began, a refresh gets rid of them ok but still a slight pest. No probs with likes etc but a couple of times going down the page on view new content, it has greyed out. A refresh gets me going again from what would have been the next post but all previous have disappeared. Only a couple of times but also something unusual.

Steve.

A few of the 503 issues today. 

Slow speed when opening a BM link has been happening for weeks, and only on BM.  Usually @10-15 seconds from clicking on a thread title to it opening..

Just had issue approx 0045hrs

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

No issues today [yet ] but 10 or so between 8pm & 11pm last night Oz time.

"Refresh" will sometimes not co-operate - if it does, it takes me back to the top of the content page and I have to "view new content" ; if it doesn't, I need to pick up BM in my "favourites" list and start from scratch.

Bloody annoying if I'm half way through, and enjoying, a well reported build or the like, and have to start from scratch after getting a 503 between pages of the same thread !

Rog

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mike I am getting the 503s much more frequently, six since coming aboard this morning at 7.35/7.45ish.

Are the web people really taking any notice of this or do they hope it will wander off down the road picking daisies?

Must be very frustrating for you.

Anyway technical stuff  :Win 10 up to date as far as it ever can be with that lot, Firefox 83.10 also up to date.

And Panda security, soon to be kicked down the road if it doesn't stop nagging me to upgrade more expensively.

• Like 2