HP Pembroke German Air Force interior colours, photos

TOPGUN88

I’m looking for any colour photos or information of the interior of a German Air Force Pembroke cmk 54. I have the SH kit and would like to fit it out with the radar screens that come with the kit. 

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

HP, Hunting Percival in this case.

I have the German monograph on the type but unfortunately no colour pics.

Hi 71 chally. Colour photos not necessary it's just the colours as the instructions don't give much indication. Cheers. 

6 hours ago, TOPGUN88 said:

Hi 71 chally. Colour photos not necessary it's just the colours as the instructions don't give much indication. Cheers. 

I remember looking for the same info before I did the my Pembroke as a Sea Price C.2.  For the more operational Pembrokes, which should include the Luftwaffe ones since I can't really see HP painting the interiors differently for export customers, the aft cabin should be the Humbrol 88, deck green, the same green as the Airfix instructions for the Valiant called for.  One of the color photos I came across for a Pembroke was of an apparently abandoned one that looked like it had radar scopes in the back and it was the same shade of green as the Valiant, which is what I was working on at the time.

Later,

Dave

I recall sitting in the AOC's Pembroke at Manston circa 1984 and I'm sure it was bluish-grey (insulation/padding & seats) throughout. Wish I had taken some interior photos.

And apologies for the above: I always associate Handley-Page with 'HP' and Edgar Percival with the Pembroke! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the radar trainers were fitted out like Sea Prince T.1s, then I would go with Dave e8n2 hunch.

I've worked on three different Sea Prince trainers and basically they have stripped out interiors (no insulation, panelling etc) and are indeed a dull green. I must admit I thought they were what I refer to as British interior green, the stuff used on wartime aircraft, you know, good old Humbrol 78.  It's so dark in there though that my perception could be wrong and that both of those shades would work on a kit.

Everything is painted in that green though, the interior structure, racking, seats, fittings etc.  The scopes, table top, instrument panels and other bits of kit are black were black.

Sabrejet, is right about the Pembroke C.1 interior, which again I would guess similar to all communications/VIP Pembrokes.

However, these are assumptions, I will try and dig out the Monograph later, but that could be a challenge in itself!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

I recall sitting in the AOC's Pembroke at Manston circa 1984 and I'm sure it was bluish-grey (insulation/padding & seats) throughout. Wish I had taken some interior photos.

On the Sea Prince C.2, yes it had the bluish interior.  On the one with radar scopes, according to the picture I came across on a search, it was the darker Deck Green of Humbrol 88.  With the insulation stripped then it probably would have been interior gray-green.  Considering the time frame it was built in that would have made sense.

Later,

Dave

P.S.  Just did a quick search to try to find that picture again.  Found what may have been it but now it looks more like a dirty darkened interior gray-green.  Of course when I originally found it, it was like 0530 in the morning so who knows.

Edited by e8n2
Extra info
  • Like 1

I just did another search and believe I've hit paydirt.  These pictures are apparently of a Sea Prince T.1 abandoned somewhere  in the UK:

23636549674_380a8865db_c.jpg

23896932629_a31fcf22d6_c.jpg

So even at 0530 in the morning it looks like Humbrol 88 Deck Green.  Of course this could be a one off as well.  Go with what you gut tells you.  From what I could find, the transports had the blue interior aft of the cockpit, the others had RAF interior gray-green or something like Deck Green.

Later,

Dave