#238 - Arado Ar 96B - COMPLETE

Dean Whiston

Yes, that’s another classic Heller kit subject ticked off for this GB. Good to see the Arado 96 make an appearance as I too have an initial boxing just wait to be built. 
Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

Tonight I have mainly been picking etch up off the floor 🤪

spacer.png

I only lost 1 lever from the control panel in the end which I replaced with spare brass - still a few bits to do and a smidge of fettling but almost there and ready for a drop of paint

• Like 10

On 11/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, Dean Whiston said:

Build number3 - arrived in the post today 

planning on doing it as a post war aircraft from the french flying school Centre d'Instructions based at Cognac in 1948

Now that sounds like my kind of subject :). I have a SIPA S.111(not Heller, of course) waiting for my time ;)

Martin

• Like 1

On 09/11/2020 at 21:51, JOCKNEY said:

I hope you can still see all this with the canopy on.

I can now safely say no 🤪 - still better than the basic kit though

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I have a SIPA S.111(not Heller, of course) waiting for my time ;)

Martin

Nice 👍; I’ve got a RS Models  SIPA S10 waiting to get on the bench - late 40’s and 50’s french forces trainers and liaison aircraft are a particular passion of mine ( weird I know)

Dean,

Great choice of subject, this is a lovely kit, I built one myself back when I was a youth.

That etched set and your skills really enhance the kit, I must remember to get one for my Encore boxing when I get around to it.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1

Bit more progress today - fuselage closed up (as anticipated most of the PE detail is hidden  !) 

spacer.png

also progressed the wings and have rescribed the panel lines on the major sub-assemblies 

spacer.png

i’ll get these bits together next and then some filling fun - dry fitting suggests there will be a few areas that will need attention 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this post-war French scheme :coolio:

Still deciding whether to do the 1946 scruffy ex Luftwaffe scheme with French markings or the 1948 overall aluminium with red “lightening” flash  ........ 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dean Whiston said:

Still deciding whether to do the 1946 scruffy ex Luftwaffe scheme with French markings or the 1948 overall aluminium with red “lightening” flash  ........ 

Oh, I've never that aluminium scheme.  Sounds interesting.