1:72 Revell MiG-21 f13

Hi Dragan,

congratulations for a beautiful MiG.

I have wanted to see this Revell MiG built and I really like the end result. Are the East German markings from the kit?

Super well done!

JR

Beautifully done!  It's a nice kit to start with, but you've gone farther by adding some convincingly detailed K-13 missiles--even hollowing out the rocket motors.  I was not pleased with the centerline tank, however, and rounded off the leading edges of the fins and shortened their span.  I also used the "Leading Edge" replacement nose and intake because the kits' parts need some help--which you gave them.  Hardest thing about this kit is getting everything lined up right on the main gear, including those troublesome oleo strut doors, and you've done a fine job with it.

Thanks to all of you.I am so glad you like it.

@jean yes the decals are from the kit.They performed sort of ok.I had to use a lot of decal solution and in the end some nitro thinner and tamiya extra thin cement to make them conforom to the surface.

@TheyJammedKenny! I also used some corrections for the nose of this kit years ago.But I just could not find it this time so I added a bit of plastic and superglue and corrected the intake angle by sanding it all down.

@Gremlin I plan on doing the modelsvit f13 in the future.I only dont know when.

• Like 2

Very impressive Mig-21F. Top quality finish with very realistic subtle weathering. My Revell F is destined to be a Finnish Af example, but this GDR scheme has me thinking........

Terry

• 2 months later...

Thank you John.

The nose was fixed by adding superglue and styrene on the top of the intake.By sanding I managed to make it look more like the real thing.At least in the angle of the upper part of the nose/intake.The kit part has a strange bend and angle to it that does not exist on the real aircraft.