1/32 Mig-21 LanceR, Trumpeter

ARM

Hello to all,

Another of my last year builds: this is my 1/32nd scale Mig-21 LanceR C. I used Trumpeter's Mig-21MF kit and Icaerodesign conversion kit which is very nice and add the much necessary bits to complete conversion for upgraded variant used by Romanian AF. Painting was done with Hataka paints, orange line - RoAF paint set. This subject is well documented, so reference for it were in abundance. The kit itself is nice enough to keep you going, details are there but it's starting to show its age (i.e. wheels, landing gear bays and so on). Nevertheless it was an enjoyable build.

All the best!

20191002_005022

20191002_005102

20191002_005218

20191002_005419

20191002_005040

• Like 35

I remember back in 2006(?) on a detachment to the airbase just up from Constanta. There were rows of Mig-29s’ and 21s’ and they were working with our RAF Jaguars from Coltishall. 

Great model by the way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fin said:

Great model! Pity that Icaerodesign did not make this conversion set for the new (ish) 1/72 Eduard kit too.

Thanks, yeah it's a shame because the Eduard MF iin 72nd is a gem. RV did a limited edition of a Lancer in 72 ( A and C  versions), but the quality of resin parts are not on par with Icaerodesign. We have the option in 48 though 😁!

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2020 at 8:32 PM, ARM said:

Thanks, yeah it's a shame because the Eduard MF iin 72nd is a gem. RV did a limited edition of a Lancer in 72 ( A and C  versions), but the quality of resin parts are not on par with Icaerodesign. We have the option in 48 though 😁!

By any chance, do you have any of the RV boxes? I`m at a lose when it comes to matching the grey o their pre-painted PE parts for the interior with any of the many grey paints I have. :D Speaking of which, what paint did you use for the interior of your model?

19 hours ago, Fin said:

By any chance, do you have any of the RV boxes? I`m at a lose when it comes to matching the grey o their pre-painted PE parts for the interior with any of the many grey paints I have. :D Speaking of which, what paint did you use for the interior of your model?

Well, my RV box did not contained PE parts for Lancer, unfortunately it was an incomplete box. As for the color of interior I used AKAN paint lightblue faded 61062 laquer based

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, F-32 said:

Love it! I was so glad to see them fly at RIAT the other year, one of my all time highlights.

yeah, cmdr Gica Stancu was the pilot for that demo and he is a very skilled one. To bad he had to retire this year, but that's life!

Very nice LanceR.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:32 PM, Fin said:

Great model! Pity that Icaerodesign did not make this conversion set for the new (ish) 1/72 Eduard kit too.

I don't know how soon, but a conversion for the aforementioned kit it's in the works with the guys at lcaerodesign.

Edited by k4r4kt3r
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, k4r4kt3r said:

Very nice LanceR.

I don't know how soon, but a conversion for the aforementioned kit it's in the works with the guys at lcaerodesign.

One of them posted on a Romanian forum (cartula) about it being "very likely", but that was in April 2018. I hope you have more recent news. :)