Kreiger Vampyre

Thanks Guys. It's too darn cold out there this morning! After lunch yesterday I got an hour or so at the bench.

The primer showed up where it needed rubbing down a bit more, or a touch more filler, so that got done.

I masked up the rocket parts at the rear and the mesh parts on top. And found a fracture on the lower nose leg :sad:

It's now been reinforced with a needle and superglue, which won't be seen when painted. Caught it just in time!

On reflection, compared with the Fledermaus, the canopy is rather large. But, I've added an ejection seat. So it has to be.

I think the primer has blended everything in so it doesn't appear too big, but goodness knows what it would do to the aerodynamics.

If you remember the 'Blue Thunder' Helicopter, (A Gazelle with a greenhouse on the front) it seems about the same to me.

This thing would be subsonic (I imagine) with a similar speed to something like the early jets.

It would probably be a handful to fly. But so would some of the other kreiger creations I've seen built. So I'm reasonably happy.

We have a car due it's annual test today so no modelling. But, maybe at the weekend I'll get some more done.

Thanks a lot, Pete

• Like 2

-Cue Dramatic music-

Dramatic narrator speaks, dramatically:

"Will Pete get his modelling done over the week-end?

Will his shed/lair be too cold to work in?

Will his primer coat hold up to brisk rubbing?

And what about Naomi?

Tune in next time for the answer to these dramatic questions and more!"

-Dramatic music crescendos and then fades out-

(cut to commercial)

1 hour ago, Tzulscha said:

Will his primer coat hold up to brisk rubbing?

OOH Matron! 

Well, I did & it did. I went for the sponge dab painting method for this one. A pale grey underneath, over the white primer.

And over the grey primer on top, I used Tamiya dark yellow. I dabbed paint on with a brush, in difficult to access areas.

I think it came out alright. (Pictures maybe tomorrow).

Monday I attacked it with old micromesh for a worn effect.

Yesterday I painted up the rocket motor and associated bits in metallic shades. There are still other bits to do though.

I've had an irritable throat since before Crimbo which is annoying, so I've been trying to stay in the warm as much as I can.

Even with the heater under the desk, my hands get cold after an hour or so. This is my excuse for not much progress.

I've been busy doing DIY today. Modelling Mojo levels are still at high, so worry not, the finish is in sight. 

Now I'm off to google Naomi, and try to find out what medications our man in Kalamazoo has been abusing.

• Like 1

Looking forwards to the next set of pictures of paint Pete. :thumbsup2:

Hope your car passed its test ok there on Friday. Ours finally kicked the bucket three days before Christmas - perfect timing to try and buy a replacement during a pandemic...

7 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Modelling Mojo levels are still at high, so worry not, the finish is in sight. 

That's the spirit!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Looking forwards to the next set of pictures of paint Pete.

Wait no longer my friend....

vG2c1iK.jpg

The belly of the beast. So that is white primer with Tamiya sky grey dabbed on with sponge. Too dark, I felt.

So this afternoon I mixed up a lighter grey and dabbed that on. I'm happier with it now.

DPcC9h2.jpg

I'm still happy with the top surface. Grey primer with Tamiya dark yellow dabbed onto it. It has that scruffy, desert kreiger look.

K8r2wPN.jpg

The front is even scruffier. I wanted a battered look here, and I think I got it. The other side is worse!

KxzUaam.jpg

And at the back, the rocket engine, now in metallics, awaits detail painting.

The pictures are from this morning. This afternoon I've spent a happy couple of hours (with the heater on!) doing detail painting, shading and weathering.

The engine exhausts are on, and they look great, consideing that they are bits of model cars!  I unmasked the canopy, which wasn't so good.

Despite everything being cleaned and polished, pre fit/masking I had some bleed of the white primer and there is sanding dust stuck to the inside of the front windows. 

I've cleaned it all up as best I can and re-polished the glazing with a T cut like substance meant for UPVC window frames. (Better than toothpaste!)

It's not perfect but will have to do. The rear canopy is stuck down with industrial superglue. To remove it would wreck it. Ah well.

What's next? well, some more detail stuff. The pylon weapons fit TBCO and that's about it. I think.

So the next set of pictures will more than likely be in RFI!

Oh yes. The car, a ten year old Honda CRV with just 64000 on the clock failed, for the third year running, for a cut track rod end boot!

Of course, you can't just get the boot, it has to be a new track rod end. Ah well, They (Quick fit) did it fairly quickly & Her Indoors was happy again.

Entertainment this afternoon was mostly from Classic FM, but just before 1500, we had a very low level Chinook thunder past! Fabulous stuff.

Thanks for dropping by. The kettle is on, did you bring biscuits this time? Pete

• Like 12

Looking very smart, or should that be scruffy? If your aim was for a weathered,beaten and well used look you certainly achieved it. One thing I like about your builds is that nothing just gets thrown on for effect, rather, you know what it is and it,s place before fitting...and your kind enough to educate us.😃

Nice work on the canopy too, I think it is just right and flat transparencies too, you lucky devil..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1