Red, white and grey - Finished but too late!

6 hours ago, djktrumpet said:

These gear doors are a bit of a pain

To be honest, I always struggle with gear doors! 

Having said that, I actually quite liked the way the largest doors clip on to the fuselage on this kit :winkgrin:.  

Cheers

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

Having said that, I actually quite liked the way the largest doors clip on to the fuselage on this kit :winkgrin:

You're quite right, the large inner doors, do go on quite nicely, with positive location.

• Like 1

Although my mood wasn't helped last night by the fact that the Revell instructions show the assembly of the two-part doors of the main gear the wrong way round, with the tiny outer section shown inside the larger piece, whereas it clearly has to fit on the outside!

• djktrumpet changed the title to Red, white and grey - Finished but too late!

Curses! For some reason, I'd got it in my head that the closing date was 14th, not 13th, so I didn't rush to finish off yesterday...

Ah well, my own fault, should have paid more attention. Anyhoo, if anyone's interested, I've done a few quick snaps of my Hawk, even though I've missed the deadline for the gallery. A fun build, and given the selection of schemes on the Xtradecal sheet I bought, I'm minded to do another one or two. Thanks for organising this, thanks to Jadlam for the sponsorship, and sorry I missed the ending!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2