IBG Models - 1/35 - KTO Rosomak

Hi everyone, 

Finally finished it.

Nice kit, although I was hoping for something better. First of all, wheels included in the kit are really bad. Bad fit, and not really well detailed. Once I started assembling them, two broke. So I found replacements done by Eureka XXL, sagged and really nicely detailed. Also bought a barrel and smoke grenade dischargers. Overall quite fun build if you can ignore tens of mistakes in the instructions. These were probably made by the guy from Dragon. And he must have been drunk..

Anyway, after the struggle during the build, there was a struggle with weathering, which was because this is my first desertised vehicle. But finally I managed to finish this! And these are the photos, let me know what do you think.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks!

• Like 35

They're working on my phone and it looks great. Really nicely painted and weathered. And weighted wheels, although that extra expense, do add that special touch. Top job. 👏

Love that comment about the Dragon guy too. 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That's a really good model. Excellent work. Just one thing. Accurate Armour do a set of carbon fibre aerials.

https://accurate-armour.com/aa-products/135th-accessories/a094

John.

Thanks,

Usually I use thin guitar string, but just run out so had to use some different material.

Those A-A look great though, tempted:)

7 hours ago, zigster said:

To cut your introduction short - IGB kit is not from Tamiya shelf, ay? 😉

You've done a nice job out of that 👍

Zig

Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, it is still a very nice kit. Nice details on the hull and the turret, nice interior (which I didn't wanted to make), but overall I think I just overhyped too much,

32 minutes ago, Faraway said:

@bluriusz I just started this. Any advice would be most welcome.

Jon

Hmm, be careful with wheels if you are not planning the resin ones, be veeeery careful with the instructions, there are missing parts, wrongly labeled etc. Overall rather nice fit, a bit over complicated chassis. I would like to show you the mistakes in the instructions, but I built it like in June and all notes I made are at the moment make no sense:) Good luck and have fun!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...