CLOSED

PERCY1948

It is many years since I built my own Herald, but I imagine that the nacelles are the same each side. If I recall correctly then the air intake is shallow.

If you invest in some latex and resin (not too expensive when you consider just how much you can do with it: making multiple parts, cloning parts etc) you could assemble the complete nacelle and copy it.

Edited by Vicarage Vee

On 11/4/2020 at 6:28 PM, PERCY1948 said:

Hi,

I am in the middle of building the above kit. I have got to the engine construction and 'Horror of Horror's' find that one half of a nacelle is missing. As this kit is now extremely 

scarce and the ones I've seen that are available are priced well out of my means.  I am trying to construct the missing part by using plastic card and forming it to suit, but

it's not going too well at the moment. 

Does anyone know a method to mould this item using something like milliput or blue stuff?  It's not easy as there are an inner and outer side, if you know what I mean.

I know I've not explained this very well, but I would love to hear from someone who maybe has had the same problem.

Thanks in Advance.

PERCY1948

You're braver than me! I've had one in the stash for a staggering 25 years and I can't see it ever getting started.

The box is smashed, but there are all the engine nacelle parts in there (and gloriously warped wings), it may or may not have the other parts, but if you PM me your address, I'll scoop the remains into a Jiffy bag and post it to you. Then it's finally off my stash and you might even enjoy it!!

Thank You 'Mjwomack' for offering the parts for my Dart Herald. I already have some nacelle parts promised so I should be OK.  

Apologies to 'Abandoned Project'. Sorry about putting this in the 'wrong box'!  I seemed to have these sort of issues when I was last a member of this webpage.  

Maybe that's why I left the last time.  Maybe it's just me!  I will have to watch out if I put any more 'post's on!

I HAVE NOW CLOSED THIS POST

Edited by PERCY1948
CLOSED

On 07/11/2020 at 14:13, PERCY1948 said:

I HAVE NOW CLOSED THIS POST

No I have now closed this post as it seems Percy as now left the building. If people make posts its polite to leave the details in them even if you dont like the answers as those answers might actually help other members.

Julien

• Like 7