ME 109 G6 first try

blanco77

• 3 months later...
On 04/11/2020 at 19:55, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Blanco... :post1: from the city of Chicago USA. Im mostly WW2 & Cold-war Aircraft myself but do dabble in other genre’s. 

Dennis

Hi, been sometime since last post, hobbies multi tasking, poor health a Laziness. You say you like Cold War, 3 questions:

1. Is it realistic to paint a 1.72 SBD 5 in modern navy colours, I see White/Red Skyraider but think perhaps Sky Raider pilots may have practiced on the Dauntless?

2. MIG 15 or 17, future project also in 1.72, the Airfix look good. Was thinking Cherry Red over white to compliment 1.

3. Any thoughts? Have a choice of sites to upload BF109G and B17, nearly both done. Any preference?

1. InMotion Hosting + Piwigo

2. SmugMug

3. Google Photos

4. Flickr Pro

5. Imgur

Thanks in advance,

B

Edited by blanco77
Update
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blanco77 said:

You say you like Cold War, 3 questions:

1. Is it realistic to paint a 1.72 SBD 5 in modern navy colours, I see White/Red Skyraider but think perhaps Sky Raider pilots may have practiced on the Dauntless?

2. MIG 15 or 17, future project also in 1.72, the Airfix look good. Was thinking Cherry Red over white to compliment 1.

3. Any thoughts? Have a choice of sites to upload BF109G and B17, nearly both done. Any preference?

1. InMotion Hosting + Piwigo

2. SmugMug

3. Google Photos

4. Flickr Pro

5. Imgur

Thanks in advance,

The SBD was removed from service pretty quickly post war, but Its your build so go for it. The MiG has some basis in reality, the Soviet Air force demonstration team had Red over silver painted MiG’s. I personally use Imgur’s App they also have a website if you dont use app’s. Being a non technically proficient person like me if I can figure it out its pretty easy. 

Puzzled !!

This section is for introductions but OP's thread is now asking for advice on subjects so would probably be better placed under the relevant aircraft/aviation modellng section of the forum.

Also posting a link to photo inviting us to enjoy but the link's private.