***finished***A Persian pussycat

PhantomBigStu

The Tornado f3 I haven’t got round to was meant to be my second entry but something leap frogged it, having a second go at an Iranian f-14 (first one ended up hitting the floor at Mach 2 when the decals disintergrated) Hoped to be the academy kit either new tool or old as local had them on a pre final lockdown visit but seems 2 other locals fancied tomcats, luckily the Revell kit was still on the shelf. 

50565838423_c09c5ee5d2_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 3:11 PM, Col. said:

Both :D

Be nice though having a bit of rethink, I have a diecast f-14a I've already partially repainted as part of a repair so think it would be best if I use that to make an iranian one, but that gives me a decision, pull out formally of the GB but do the repaint in the spirit of it now or save that as another future project and just do the USN OOB......leaning towards the former currently as the grey one is too low viz and the high viz has the nasty to paint white undersurface....though if a fellow GB is building the HB D and not using the high vis bounty hunters markings I'm happy to donate some beer tokens...... .😉

Edited by PhantomBigStu

In fact not the state of play as it seems the cockpit parts are slightly different for the A so the build fuselage will be for the D. Also won’t be seeing any progress, hurt my knee playing football so stuck downstairs away from the bench, hopefully won’t be too many days before I can get back to it. 

51523093478_86982ed7b6_b.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that Stu. Hopefully you're back climbing the stairs after a bit of rest and recovery before you begin climbing the walls with boredom.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Didn’t fancy any sanding today so only stuff I did for this was print off the paint guide from the Hb 1/48 though I did work on a little quick build I started last night, underside all painted will do the camo tommorow band hopefully some sanding on the tomcat. 

51635852196_8515c475a1_b.jpg

• Like 1

Sanded and topside camo (sand is more orange in the flesh) applied though few touch ups of the sand as well as paint the fuselage sides sand and tan.  Also got the 190 decal ready though I stuffed the decals in an attempt to get the RLM04 to match previous builds so got some careful masking and steady brush painting to do before the rest of the decals can go on 

51653995132_a1fedf0d4f_b.jpg

51654813886_3d80ffa733_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Touching up the underside proved to be a lot more complex than I appreciated last week, real life intervened and also ended up having to order some more grey paint which cost many days. Next job is definitely the masking. 

51696672965_d2a4b1f8ba_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1