Hawker Hunter FGA. 9 - Revell 1/32nd

Dave_R

Hi All,

I bought this big-un for a mere £13.99 about five years ago. 

Hunter+01.JPG

Hunter+02.JPG

Hunter+03.JPG

Hunter+04.JPG

Hunter+06.JPG

It's a good kit except for the cockpit - which is very basic for a kit this size.  So I got a True Details resin cockpit, which is rather nice and if I remember correctly cost a very reasonable £11.

Hunter+05.JPG

It's a lot bigger than anything I've tried to build since I was about 12 - I'll need bigger shelves.

Dave.

• Like 8

Welcome to the GB Dave and with a nice kit of a lovely subject. That True Details 'pit is a work of art as well. You've got a head start there but still well under the 25% mark :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

The cockpits done.

Hunter+07.JPG

Hunter+09.JPG

Hunter+10.JPG

Hunter+11.JPG

The original cockpit is quite poor for this scale so thankful the resin was available.  I've not used much resin before and this took a bit of work to make it fit, but worth doing.

Dave.

• Like 6

Everything looks to have gone together well so far Dave :thumbsup: Although I notice Revell have foregone representing the airbrake hydraulic ram and its bay that at least is a feature hidden on the underside. Hopefully final assembly will go smoothly for you :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've put on the Dark Sea Grey.

Hunter+22.JPG

It looks patchy at the moment, but hopefully when the green is on it'll look OK.  I haven't figured out yet which method to use for putting on the green.  I want replicate the soft edge as best as possible in 1/32 scale and don't think Blu-Tak worms are going to do it at this scale.  If I was using enamels,  I'd do it freehand - but I've only got acrylics.  Acrylics are a bit problematic for me with clogging etc...  I need review my options.

Dave.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

The Dark Green is on.

Hunter+23.JPG

Hunter+24.JPG

It still needs a fair bit of touching up, it's such a big area to airbrush there a few bits that weren't covered properly.  There's couple of areas like the wing tips, gun ports and the ranging radar to paint and then I can start on the decals.

Dave.

• Like 4