Fine Molds 1/72 Bf109G-6/Trop Regia Aeronautica

Hello All,

This is my first model that I share in this community. Unfortunately I need to admit that I am a very slow builder.

Still at last I could finish a model after 2 years. Well, the reason; moving to a new country, getting new training for my job etc. The model is detailed with very minor additions like seatbelts (FM Nano) fuel line, brakes lines, handles for the canopy, self made pitot tube, antenna. Also only the devil head and the number 154 are decals. Paints used are from Gunze Sangyo. Only the hard lines on the wings and elevators are masked. The rest and the wavy camouflage on the leading edges of the wings are painted without masking. I tried tro depict as if the colors are faded under strong sun. But as they kept working around the engine and cockpit those areas manitained the darker tone. Weathering is done with tonned down colors, Tamiya Weathering sets, Gaianotes enamel paint etc. I hope it is worth to be seen by You all. Critiques are very welcomed.

Thank You,

Arkut

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TheFlogger said:

Ellerine sağlık birader! /Well done  mate!

So, Italian Gustavs had no walkway or stencils ?

That is a good catch about the stencils or the walkways. As far as I know the production process had started to tend to omit some or the maintenance lead to overpaint the stencils. On the net there are considerable good amount of pictures that carries almost no stencils due repainting, weathering etc. Of course this is not an excuse to omit all in my project. Also, keeping in mind that this is a small aircraft the thickness of all the decals for the stencils would pop up and hence would ruin the overall finish by creating a step for each the decal I would use. This is also a reason why I only used the decals for devil's head and the small number (154) as it would take more time to paint them. Still I admit that triangle on the fuselage (for the fuel AFAIK) can be added. If I find an easier or safer way I will apply it by paint.

22 minutes ago, Broadway said:

Beautiful paintwork, what did you use for the antenna wire?

I have used the Uschi van der Rosten rigging product. Personally I prefer it over the other ones from different brands. 

Thanks to All for the encouraging comments.

Cheers,

Arkut

34 minutes ago, clumsy said:

I have used the Uschi van der Rosten rigging product. Personally I prefer it over the other ones from different brands. 

Thanks, I'll check it out, it produces a very good effect compared to the bf 109 photos I have seen.