Hallo

This a/c was an experiment. The kit is from Roden. But I designed etched parts for Cooper State Models. And I used them.

What was the idea: To achieve a perfect rigging on a 48 scale model. Together with strut support plates from etched parts.

The thing which was the problem, was the gluing process. You need C/A for the etched parts. To keep the area clean before gluing the struts, this is very difficult. I also did the DH2 in 48 and 32 with this method. At the BE-12 finally I failed. So I gave up the project of the strut support plates from etched parts.

Maybe anybody has a better idea?

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 37

Excellent representation of a much maligned subject. When it was introduced in 1915 it was a very good machine, well suited for its purpose (reconnaissance) and stable and easy to fly (also good given the poor training and lack of experience of many pilots). Its reputation suffered because it was kept in front line service long after it was obsolete.

You have captured the lines of this machine well - the colours are also very good.

P

Excellent - great result and superbly rigged.

Was this a difficult kit to get together - any vices?   Also, did the decals behave?

Regards

Dave

Very nice job you have done here.  I have also thought about moving to some sort of etched plate with a bendable anchor but invariably I go back to my standard eyelet in a drilled hole.  If someone comes up with a standard product that would work on multiple models I would consider it.