1/72 Falklands

Harry_the_Spider

Not wishing to hijack this thread, I'm just about to decal a 1/48 GR1 as XV778// Beech Buggy using Aztec 48/72-016.

Big worry is that the wing and fuselage roundels plus the fin flash are not anything like the bright 1960 to  whenever colours. Tiny extra niggle , the colours are off on the red and blue surround for XD670's fin fish nose marking, a pun on the pilot Finlayson and there's a bit of a dearth of serial numbers too. 

This by reference to colour photos under a Daylight lamp.

Al Green 

On 11/4/2020 at 12:02 PM, Harry_the_Spider said:

I’m not terribly bothered about 100% accuracy or raised panel lines. As long as it is an ESO (Etendard Shaped Object) I’ll be happy. What I really want is one with Argentinian markings as having to go for additional decals pushes the price up considerably.

Hi, for some suggestions look at my webpage here.....

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/etendard/super-etendard-2.html#argentina

spacer.png

and for the FMA Pucara here:

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/pucara/pucara.html#argentina

spacer.png

• Like 3

Finished Sharky's book now and thought it was better than Morgan's, especially if you forget about all of the moaning in the the first and last chapters. I understand that he hates the RAF, but didn't need to be told 5,000 times.

Anyhow I thought it was an excellent and insightful read.

And there was no poetry.

• Like 1

There’s a very interesting interview with Morgan on the Ten Per Cent True podcast. Fortunately 100% lacking in metaphysical seagull bobbins.

Ward’s book gives the impression that Hermes, Invincible and the RAF barely laid off the infighting long enough to, you know, actually fight the Argentinians...

There’s a good third book to add to Ward and Morgan, by one of the gr3 guys though I forget the name. Also suggests a lot of conflict between the gr3 force and the navy.

oh and a book about the SAS raid on the mainland, which suggests a lot of conflict with the navy...and indeed internally within the SAS

Bit of a pattern really.