1/48 Trumpeter Hawker Sea Hawk FGA Mk6

This is my recently finished 1/48 Trumpeter Hawker Sea Hawk.

The model went together quite well, although the wings took a bit of work to attach. It would have been nice to have a better way of showing the wings folded. 
Built OOB except for a bit of work on the seat and I painted the invasion stripes in preference to using the decals. 
Tamiya acrylics were used. Primer was XF-2 with a touch of XF-1.
The main colours were XF-54 Dark Sea Grey and XF-21 Sky.
Weathering was with grey and grime washes and Abteilung 502 smoke and cream brown oils.

The aircraft represents a Seahawk flying from HMS Albion during the 1956 Suez campaign.

P1030775a

P1030783a

P1030787a

P1030813a

P1030819a

And a couple of photos with Trumpeter's 1/48 Westland Wyvern S4 I built a few months ago. The Wyvern was a lump of an aeroplane.

P1030822a

P1030802a

• Like 49

Hello Steve,

Excellent models. By the way, your flighdeck is massive.

I can see already some more AC (Skyraider/ Sea Venom/Wessex S55) harnassed to the deck.

You got your worklist cut out.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

Hello Steve,

Excellent models. By the way, your flighdeck is massive.

I can see already some more AC (Skyraider/ Sea Venom/Wessex S55) harnassed to the deck.

You got your worklist cut out.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

Thanks Orion.

Yes, the flight deck is a large slab of plywood.

I have Italeri’s 1/48 AEW Skyraider in the stash. It will be done in Suez colours as well and will be on the deck one day. I would like to get a 1/48 Sea Venom but they are very hard to find.

Cheers

Steve

3 hours ago, SteveMc said:

Thanks Orion.

Yes, the flight deck is a large slab of plywood.

I have Italeri’s 1/48 AEW Skyraider in the stash. It will be done in Suez colours as well and will be on the deck one day. I would like to get a 1/48 Sea Venom but they are very hard to find.

Cheers

Steve

And since you are at it, the whole carrier too in 1/48...:rofl:... 

Excellent model, a treat for the eyes. Also the Wyvern. And judging by the models side by side, what a beast was the Wyvern...:surprised:.

Stay safe and keep them coming.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jfgred1 said:

And since you are at it, the whole carrier too in 1/48...:rofl:... 

Excellent model, a treat for the eyes. Also the Wyvern. And judging by the models side by side, what a beast was the Wyvern...:surprised:.

Stay safe and keep them coming.

The deck was painted to be part of HMS Albion and I've just calculated the whole ship at 1/48 would be 5 metres long...😮. It wouldn't fit in my house :lalala:It would be impressive though.........

Incidentally, my dad who is now 87 was on the Albion in 1954-55 and worked on Sea Hawks, He was telling me how popular the Sea Hawks were with the pilots but not so much with the Wyverns.

Thanks for looking in

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...