462 Sqn RAAF Tollerton Nose Halifax 1943 1/72

Hello all, this is an OOB Revell Halifax Mk.I/II completed as a 462 Sqn RAAF Halifax based in Tunisia in 1943. Can't afford replacement cowls and props so it comes with all the inherent errors of the kit.

50562267227_f81d7d6902_o.jpg

50562135856_aeb73e1bd6_o.jpg

50562267132_e23b0a2931_o.jpg

Happy to take questions if needed. Happy Modelling all

Ian

• Like 63
  • Thanks 3

Certainly looks like the aircraft type you are depicting so its a winner in my book . . . 

Its all about enjoying the build not so much decking it out with all the AM parts you can find  . . . 

Colour scheme makes a refreshing change as well, nice build Ian

Well you have done an excellent job with superb paintwork,....... shame about the engines but they don`t look as obviously wrong as others that I have seen, maybe because your paintwork is so good? Great choice of subject too,

Cheers

Tony

6 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Very impressive model, and in a not often seen scheme, well built and beautifully finished, good job!

Agree! Can't see anything to complain about there.

Looks superb, the AML parts do make a LITTLE difference but add considerable cost.  I have built one and want to do two more Merlin engine ones, I have the bits but only one kit, no doubt it'll be re-released sometime!

:goodjob:

Davey.

Wow! That looks great!

As Tony said, your excellent paint job sure does distract from Revell's over-sized engines.

Did you use an aftermarket Z fairing or get the one from the B.III kit?

Chris

Brilliant job on that Halibag! As I've said before of other models, if my Halifax model turns out half as nicely... Oh, wait, it will turn out only half as nicely!

Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1

Looks fantastic!   You've done a very convincing job!

Have to admit, if not for kit reviews pointing out the shape issues of the nacelles, I'd probably be none the wiser.

Well done on a fine model!

:clap2:

On 11/3/2020 at 4:50 PM, Mick Clarke said:

Outstanding. I've looking at doing one of these myself. If you don't mind where did you get the info for this one? Cheers Mick

Hey Mick -- Check out ADF serials and the Aust war memorials photo collection. they will help.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Now, that is a thing of great beauty! May I ask what paints you used for the Mid Stone/Dark Earth upper surfaces?

W7849 was a lucky aircraft, surviving North Africa and Italy to be SOC in March 45. My father was a skipper with 462 in North Africa from May 43 to Feb 44. He flew W7849 three times, an air test on 09 July, a search over the Med for W1161 on 22 July and a maintenance ferry flight from Hosc Raui to Fayid on 24 August.

• Like 1

Hi, The Paint was Gunze Acrylics - both their  mid stone and Dark Earth. A bit of gunze off white to lighten it for the fading. Wow.... great to get some personalised history for the  airframe. Glad you like it. 

Regards,

Ian

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 11:59 PM, Farnarkle said:

Hi, The Paint was Gunze Acrylics - both their  mid stone and Dark Earth. A bit of gunze off white to lighten it for the fading. Wow.... great to get some personalised history for the  airframe. Glad you like it. 

Regards,

Ian

Many thanks Ian.

I was planning to hold off building this kit until I could source Aeroclub's nacelle correction parts. Sadly they're as rare as hen's teeth so I may as well bash on!

Quentin

• Like 1