Zoukei-Mura 1/48 Focke Wulf Ta 152H-1

Of Models & Monsters

spacer.pngDue to complications with my move I will be stuck in my current location for the winter so looks like i'll be back at it for the meantime.  My next kit will be this ridiculously detailed kit from Zoukei-Mura, their 1/48 scale Focke Wulf Ta 152.  I have been modelling for about 13 years and amazingly I had never heard of these guys until recently and now I eagerly await what else they will make in 48 scale in the future.  If you've ever built any Zoukei-Mura aircraft please feel free to share your experiences.

• Like 1

Hallo OM&M

This is the 32 scale model. My wife did the 48 scale version. It is a nice and accurate build. Anyway if you have questions, so mail me directly via profile. If it is of common interest via post.

Have fun!

Happy modelling

Hey 'Of Models & Monsters' got a start on this kit yet?

I won't be surprised if you haven't after reading through a couple of builds.

It's certainly pushed my ZM Ta 152 back down the list a fair bit.

Sorry for putting a bad vibe on your build but I do wish you the best for this build and can only advise you to read through previous builds to get an insight into each step so that you may avoid some of the pitfalls of the kit.

Good luck and remember it is only a hobby, something we do to relax.

I can't help thinking the Italeri/Dragon kit is the better bet in 1/48, unless you want t lot of 'open panel' detail.  I built the Italeri kit a couple of months back and it builds up nicely, was a lot of fun - and not particularly stressful ;) 

Can still find them on ebay and other places..

I'm starting to think that Werdna. It's been said before by myself and others that we wish Eduard and Hobby Boss extended their line of Fw 190's (and  Ta 152C in the case of HB) into the Ta 152H, but sadly not forth coming. I suppose only a handful of airframes produced and not a lot of variation in camo is their downfall.

Not a big fan of open panels either. (Started a thread which covered this topic a while ago).

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235071375-open-panels-doors-or-clean-all-buttoned-up/&tab=comments#elShareItem_1866496982_menu

Managed to pick up ZM's Ta 152 for a reasonable price but having read a few not so complementary build reports I'm a bit wary to start it. I do love the look of the Ta 152H with its long wing and will be a great addition to the shelves of my Fw 190 &  Ta 152C collection.

Sorry for the Grumpy Old Man rant. 

Edited by Red Dog

7 hours ago, Red Dog said:

I suppose only a handful of airframes produced and not a lot of variation in camo is their downfall.

True, and it's one of the reasons why - after building one Ta152H - I'm in no particular hurry to build another.  However, if Hobby Boss uses that reasoning, then it doesn't explain why they have the 1/48 Fw190V-18 in their line up (ie a one-off development prototype), the Fw190D-12 or several Ta152C variants... ;) 

I looked at John Kim thread and the ZM kit looks amazing, if you want to do open panel.

But I can't see the point of doing all that lovely internal work and then sealing it up? For a closed up Ta152H-1 the Dragon would be sufficient, and better than the Italeri kit which doesn't includes the engine, which is important as it can be seen (I built the Italeri :huh:).

Anyway, best wishes for the ZM Ta 152 which I'm sure will be a great build. I'm a Ta 152 fan, and I wish I had one in the stash.

Cheers,

Edited by Johnson
More stuff

True Werdna. Would also require new sprues (ie fuselage & wings) as there were differences between the Ta 152C and H versions. Supercharger for instance was on opposite sides. Lost opportunity all the same.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...