KUTA XIII Chat

Enzo the Magnificent

Could I join you with the 1/32 Buccaneer I started in the Buccaneer GB? Would it be possible to move the thread into this GB? 

I could finish it on its own but I've missed being part of the groupbuilds 😔

Original thread is HERE

Alan 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan P said:

Could I join you with the 1/32 Buccaneer I started in the Buccaneer GB? Would it be possible to move the thread into this GB? 

I would love to see it progress. 😀

6 hours ago, Alan P said:

I could finish it on its own but I've missed being part of the groupbuilds 😔

Thread moved as requested.  :welcome: to the KUTA GB!  :thumbsup:  

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Sorry chaps - a bit dim - KUTA?

Well I was not alone, thanks for asking Martin!

This is an interesting GB idea. I have to fess up to having loads perhaps one or two that could fall into this category...............🤔

Will mull it over and possibly give it a try.

Terry

8 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Well I was not alone, thanks for asking Martin!

This is an interesting GB idea. I have to fess up to having loads perhaps one or two that could fall into this category...............🤔

Will mull it over and possibly give it a try.

Terry

Me too - or at least I have one currently. It is the last in my Valom Voodoo trio.

41514 Ontario1 web

I researched it endlessly and then one day the bottom fell out of my enthusiasm barrel :(. She now lays, decaled, in an ikea box under my desk :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Me too - or at least I have one currently. It is the last in my Valom Voodoo trio.

Come on in, this is the perfect place to beat the Voodoo Hoodoo; and if that doesn't work you can join those of us who are perrenial KUTA members- I've a feeling that some of us plan our GBs so that they can slide effortlessly across into this one!!!

• Haha 2

Hi @Enzo Matrix,

In last year's KUTA I took the chance to finish off a batch of aircraft kits I had started then abandoned. This year I only have one such kit - a Smer ex Heller Leo. If I have time between other GB I might have a shot at finishing it. However, just before I started my first "GB" last year I was in the middle of a large batch of tanks - mostly 1/76 Millicast Resin ones for the Brits in the Western Desert between 1940 and 1943, though there are a couple of Italian ones in the same theatre and some German ones during the 'Battle of France' in 1940, and which have been ignored for nearly 18 months. Most of them are pretty well completely built and just need the painting finishing and decals adding. I believe they would meet the relevant criteria but hesitate to do them as they probably won't be very interesting to other modellers.  However, if you want to see me make a mess of the "Caunter" paint scheme, then I might just see what I can do. Is that OK?

Pete

Edited by PeterB

I’ve never participated in a KUTA GB, however having looked at my ‘Scalemates’ stash vs. started collection, I think I really ought too. To be honest, the list of uncompleted kits is horrifying and I’m ashamed at what I’ve left behind in a neglected state. I’m even struggling to find the motivation to finish my three Heller kits and this GB still has close to two months to go! Let me pull myself together and see what I can get over the line. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Let me pull myself together and see what I can get over the line. 

It's worse when you have stuff on the shelf of doom that has already been in a KUTA GB and is still not finished!

• Haha 6

On 12/4/2020 at 4:14 PM, Jinxman said:

It's worse when you have stuff on the shelf of doom that has already been in a KUTA GB and is still not finished!

I used that as the key criteria for choosing this year's entrant 🤣

• Haha 3

Chistmas leave coming up, I would desperately like to complete something off the shelf of doom. So many options embarrassingly 🤣 I have a Beaufighter which literally just needs a vacform canopy adding, so I probably won't end up posting that until complete, I think my submission will most likely be an Airfix A-4 Skyhawk which is almost complete painting and pretty much at final assembly/decalling or a Dragon 1/35 Sherman Firefly which has sat trackless in its box for the past 2 years.  I will add a post up once on holiday but I'm determined to complete something and then if I have time maybe go at something else, my list is literally endless from a Boston to a couple of Spitfires and a Phantom and many many more 😬

• Like 2

Enzo,

I've started one thing (Revell 1/72 BAe Hawk GB DNF) in KUTA XIII and had not realised that one could transfer a thread to do that until reading this thread.

Could you also transfer this IS-3 from Journey's End GB into KUTA XIII?:

www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235076596-is-3/ 

Thanks v. much,

Alan

• 7 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 2:47 AM, klr said:

No, not a Ferrero Rocher box, although they do come in handy, especially the smaller ones that can be used to display

Gidday, I don't think I've ever heard of a better excuse to buy chocolates. 😜 And I've only just discovered what KUTA means - I thought it was a resort in Bali or something. I have a question for you - does the unfinished build have to be from a previous GB or is any unfinished model eligible? I have an uncompleted 1/600 model of a destroyer. Obviously it's too late for this GB but if this occurs every year then it might qualify for the next. I was just about to try and finish it but this might be a reason (no, not excuse 😁) to keep it on hold. Regards, Jeff.

44 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, I don't think I've ever heard of a better excuse to buy chocolates. 😜 And I've only just discovered what KUTA means - I thought it was a resort in Bali or something. I have a question for you - does the unfinished build have to be from a previous GB or is any unfinished model eligible? I have an uncompleted 1/600 model of a destroyer. Obviously it's too late for this GB but if this occurs every year then it might qualify for the next. I was just about to try and finish it but this might be a reason (no, not excuse 😁) to keep it on hold. Regards, Jeff.

Any unfinished model is eligible Jeff

• Thanks 1