Bulgarian MiG-21MF stencil visible or not?

Mihajlo

Hi, all!

I hope everyone is healthy and can enjoy our wonderful hobby.

I am building a Bulgarian MiG-21MF-75, specifically white 177 included in the Eduard 1/72 box and Linden Hill Imports ‘Brothers in Arms 3’ decal sheet.

My question is very simple: does that plane (white 177) have visible stencils? I checked many photos of Bulgarian MiG-21 MF and Bis. Some of them have black stencils, much less stencils than Soviet and Warsaw Pact aircraft. On other planes I don't see any stencil.

I only have a picture of white 177 (attached). It seems that it has no stencils.

Could you give me your opinion on the stencils on this plane?

Thank you very much for your help and keep safe.

Best regards.

Miguel Angel Sanchez

Spain - España

spacer.png

Edited by Mihajlo
Text missing

2 hours ago, Hook said:

It looks like the stencils were overpainted. 

Cheers,

Andre

I think the same as you, Andre.

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards.

Miguel

Spain - España

2 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

I see a small stencil in the upper part of the right wing   :tease: :laugh:

Me cachis ... I thought you were going to show some progress ...  :wall:

A hug.

Andrés S.

¡Hola, Andrés!

Nice to see you here! 😃

Yes, the right side of the plane is full of stencils 😝🤣

Time to time I spend a few hours on this kit... You know as well as I the headache this it's causing me... ☹️

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is not the proper place to show progress but... here you are some examples (the pictures has been taken with the mobile and with poor light). It is ready for the stencils (...) and start weathering. I'm not happy with the result. Especially with the colors. They should be lighter  Anyway, that's the modeller's life... You are never satisfied with the latest kit built.

Tomorrow I will send you a PM ...I hope...

Un abrazo.

Miguel

• Like 3

Hi, Miguel!

First of all, I am very glad to see a Bulgarian machine here! Unfortunately, I have not seen this plane personally, but taking into consideration the camo, it has been overhauled in Bulgaria (as well as the other BuAF MiG-21s). Such planes do have stencils, but I am not sure about the font colour. Two photoes of your prototype: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pJ7nQfhJqVmBgYQw5
Here are some photoes of the last active Bulgarian 21s and black stencils are clearly visible: http://www.balakchiev.com/bg/images-go/veterans-in-reserve
Here a very experienced Bulgarian modeller has used a combination of black and red ones: http://forum.scalemodelsclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=5347
So, it's up to you :)

Kind regards, 

Hristo