Anycubic Photon - LCD Issue Tips

wellsprop

Hi all,

I've been having a few issues with the LCD printing screen on my Anycubic Photon recently and the issues are occurring at greater frequency than before. I've done a fair bit of troubleshooting and I've come across some tips/solutions.

The LCD screen gets damaged by the UV light, the life of the screen can be as low as 1000 hours (according to various people on the reddit anycubic photon thread) - this equates to about 5L of resin according to the posts.

If the screen is not lighting at all when carrying out the detection test, turn the printer off then on (worked for me).

If the screen is displaying flashing lines and/or not lighting fully, or lighting too much - turn the prienter off, unplug the power, then plug it back in an turn it on (worked for me).

I think my screen is beginning to die anyway, so I have a new one in the post. I'll have to see what happens with the print that's on currently.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

I had this problem a couple of months ago and had to change out the LCD screen.  I contacted Anycubic and told them the issue and they sent me a test file and an updated firmware file.  The test file showed that the LCD screen was indeed faulty/damaged and, as the machine was still under warranty, they sent me a replacement.

I would recommend you go through the same process, just in case they can help before you lay out for a new screen.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Cheers Mike, I'll drop them a message.

I bought one anyway, but it'd be good to get another. Strangely, all the print issues went away after I reset everything, yet now the prints are failing again.

The LCD screen seems to be working fine, but a few of the prints haven't stuck on the supports correctly.

I've cleaned everything and I'm leaving it all overnight in its insulating box, with the heater matt on - hopefully this will stabilise the temperature and I'll reset the Z zero tomorrow.

It's odd as I've had 4 weeks of straight printing without resetting anything...

what pen drive/usb stick are you printing from? I found i was failing on 6hr+ prints using the one that came with device, switched to an old 2gb sandisk and ive not had any issues on larger prints.  However think i  have a bit of a dodgy spot on my FEP screen from marks left during the RERF test, and that fine details in that area are often lost, but thats a physical rather than software issue. 

It's probably the screen failing, the first time I had a screen fail it started with a variety of intermittent problems like this and it took me a while until I figured out what was happening. 

If it's not the screen and just supports being torn off then try reducing the lifting speed significantly.

4 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

what pen drive/usb stick are you printing from? I found i was failing on 6hr+ prints using the one that came with device, switched to an old 2gb sandisk and ive not had any issues on larger prints.  However think i  have a bit of a dodgy spot on my FEP screen from marks left during the RERF test, and that fine details in that area are often lost, but thats a physical rather than software issue. 

1 hour ago, FinnN said:

It's probably the screen failing, the first time I had a screen fail it started with a variety of intermittent problems like this and it took me a while until I figured out what was happening. 

If it's not the screen and just supports being torn off then try reducing the lifting speed significantly.

I'm printing from the USB that came with the printer, never had any issues before. I have a feeling it is the screen on its way out as I've been printing for nearly 20 hours a day for a few weeks straight....

I dropped the build plate by another 0.1mm and reset the zero, the first print I've tried has worked. There's another print on tonight, let's see how it goes.

• 4 months later...

Hi....it likely could be harmed now, yet to me LCD harm is substantially more prone to be something spilt than LCD harm which I would say is bound to be rectalinear instead of round. I guess it very well may be roundabout harm brought about by something roundabout going ahead it, yet and, after its all said and done I'd anticipate that it should have rough edge to the harm.

pcb online

Edited by DrugiLue