Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.D weirdo!

Dear Colleagues

After much fiddling and fettling I have finished the Miniart 1/35 Panzer IIID, yes the one with the funny suspension system.  The Germans trialled a number of different suspension systems for their Panzer III, this had paired wheels on bogies with leaf springs and dampers.  I think only 15-30 B to D types were built before settling on torsion bars in the E.  Nevertheless although a trials vehicles they were pitched into the invasion of Poland.  The figures are from Miniart too.  Hope you like it?

l1wOwEU.jpg

CXs7pyB.jpg

fsnifgU.jpg

0HA2oRk.jpg

4Nh0q1p.jpg

WXSPVfD.jpg

As many of you know, Miniart does not consider structural strength in their assemblies and tolerances here can be as little as 0.2 mm.  But to their credit things do in deed fit!

Andrew

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AndrewCJ50 said:

Miniart does not consider structural strength in their assemblies

Sadly, that is very true. Some attachment points can be very weak. That said, you've done a good job on it. Great paint job and those figures are excellent. Nice job.

John.

With Miniart some of the instructions and placement can be vague.  Dry fit over and over again is the best advice and also I think that Miniart assume you will figure it out for yourself!

Just don't see this is as a weekend job

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew. That looks excellent. Your finish and display really set it off well.

Very well done! :worthy:

I have this kit in the stash and was wondering about making it in the Pz.III STGB starting in February - but it looks like it may take me more than three months to make - think I'll look for something else.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...